Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What is your PC/Laptops current uptime?
I rebooted it yesterday cause I installed Discord and noticed it had been running for 17 days and 5 hours.
I never shut me lappy down in all honesty, I just turn the screen off whenever I go to sleep.
It's been running 24/7 ever since I bought it 9 years ago.
The only times it sees offtime is when I'm cleaning the fan (sleep mode) or when I'm rebooting it, which usually isn't longer then a minute ;p
If I take it along with me to me mates, I usually put it into sleep mode as well.

KcAzzmK.png

To check your uptime, open Speccy and click on OS.

Edit: I wanted to post this thread yesterday, but kinda forgot ;')

Longest uptime on laptop/desktop: DinohScene, 17 d, 05h, 08m, 00s
Longest uptime on server: Juggernaut911 link

Last edited by DinohScene,

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
oJ4BvkI.png

About 4 hours - just came back from gym and lunch. In reality, up time doesn't really matter. I try to keep my stuff patched and whatnot. Kill-A-Watt says that my current system idles at about 65-80W which isn't bad. But a full bootup (power to desktop) is less than 5 seconds.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shut it off for power, and as I have a SSD if I turn it on when I get up in the morning to go for a piss it is all on and sorted when I get back, even if I decide to have 400 odd tabs open.

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Since the battery in my laptop stopped working recently, I always put it in hibernation mode whenever I'm not using it. I rarely ever shut it down/restart. I think the next time I properly shut it down is when I install Linux Mint on it. :D

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jQvf9p6.png

2D 15.5H on the notebook according to Rainmeter, although it'd be higher if I wasn't switching between Linux and Windows frequently. Desktop is at 0 as I usually leave it turned off to conserve power and component lifetime, and have Windows quick boot turned off.

D

Deleted User

3 hours.

In case you're wondering, I turn off the lights when I leave a room too. And any visitor that stays the night in my house is going to do the same. You know why? Because I'm not a piece of shit that wastes resources.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can jump into some of the sql boxes from work and show those off if we're going for the high score. Some of those are shy of a year. Some of the nix boxes are probably multiple years

Present them, by all means!

Then again, servers easily win from lappies/desktops if this where a competition.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, I'll update the OP then.
See if someone can beat that ;p

No identifying info in this post. These results are pretty small for a company btw...

Okay so quick code that I threw together for this: http://pastebin.com/2AyEn9AU

Gist of results (just a couple larger ones. only ran the script for like a couple minutes so it didn't hit everything)
main finance server has 396 days
a web server has 390
a specific HIPAA fax server has 380
a web app server has 380
one of our sans has 375
our headquarters proxy has 263

A lot of our would-be-bigger boxes are barely double digits due to a recent data center move that we're half way through. Womp womp. Even most of our esxi boxes are 2 months tops right now...

At the end of typing this, I noticed that we have an XP test VM (legacy) that has 338 which is dope for XP.

Only screenshot I am willing to take is of the first one with the highest score: http://i.imgur.com/9S3jveH.png

Reactions: DinohScene

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the max mine gets is 18 hours or so. Only time it's on longer, is if it's doing something while I sleep (encoding etc), but 99% of it's use is gaming, so it's off most nights.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup