PC headsets.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Prime, Apr 25, 2009.

Apr 25, 2009

PC headsets. by Prime at 4:18 PM (1,296 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Prime
    OP

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Now that's out of the way Does anyone have any recommendations on PC headsets? I was thinking about the Creative HS Fatal1ty Gaming Headset or the Plantronics GameCom 377 Open Ear Gaming Headset but I first want to know if there is any other good ones out there.

EDIT: oh forgot the price. Not to expensive. Below £40 I say.

2. BiscuitBee

Member BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Canada
    There's a PC to Xbox360 headset converter?! Now there's another thing I have to buy.

Anyway, I bought a Plantronics Audio .370 and they are very comfortable. The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't sit well on your head if you move a lot; however, that's what makes them so comfortable.

The sound quality is okay, but I'm not an audiophile so I can't talk about highs/mids/lows with you. All I know is that it feels nice and it works with Team Fortress 2 [​IMG]

I got it on super sale from Future Shop for $20

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/e...032/prod5500011

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    amazon sell an adapter

[​IMG]

$12.99

link

also on the uk amazon from £3.99 - £5.99

4. Prime
    OP

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It seems like tempers don't use headsets or has no knowledge in them so I thank you BiscuitBee for replying

5. BiscuitBee

Member BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Canada
    np

If you wanted a pair of headsets just for your PC, my friend uses a USB headset that does 5.1 ..they're over $150 for the mid-quality ones though [​IMG] I was, originally, looking for one of those, but I didn't think it was worth it for me.

... and I doubt it would work in an Xbox 360, being basically a USB soundcard and what-not.

6. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Thing is, I do use a really great headset. But you said that you wanted headsets below £40, and this headset doesn't fall into that category.

However, if you really want a headset with of good quality that is really nice to wear for long periods and have the cash for it - Then I'd suggest you to look up the Steelseries Siberia headset.

7. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States