Gaming PC audio - Ground Loop problem.

dilav

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically all my computer suffer from this problem. Anyone here know much about it? Antec 900 front panel buzz, read that it is grounded to basically everything, usb, firewire, case... gotta take a look at it. Anyone got any tips on how these things can be grounded correctly? Hmm, I think I got some ideas after typing this... I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Another computer is connected to the TV atm, a ground lift on the tv removes it... but i doubt it is safe... should I just buy some isolation transformers?... theres gotta be a harder but better way to tackle the problem...?

D

Deleted-188346

Same problem, with an Antec 902 case.

Just unplug the front USB connectors from your motherboard, and don't use them at all.
You'll notice a sharp increase in dust buildup on your case otherwise (from the static electricity running all over the case).

dilav

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, I have other computers with similar problems but I think I know how to fix those. As with my 900 case removing the front USB and firewall didnt seem to do any effect on the front panel. Removng the black ground wire screwed in on the front top inside the case seem to take out most noise for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU