Lash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello!

I been wrecking my brain and reading up, trying to figure out where to put my custom made (box) cover pictures for the emulator games in Wiiflow. My main games are Commodore 64 and Amiga

So how can i get Wiiflow to find and read these custom covers? Ive been in the Plugin folder and edit the IINI files, like this for UAE:

[PLUGIN]
arguments={device}:/{path}/{name}
bannersound=
consolecoverid=amiga
covercolor=ffffff

coverfolder=uae/covers/ - i edited this line and put my cover pics there, the pics have the same name as the game files.

displayname=UAE Amiga
dolfile=uae-mod.dol
filetypes=.adf|.dms|.hdf|.zip
magic=414D4947
romdir=uae/floppies/

Im new to this, just got Wiiflow pack by Abz working, amazing work, thanks! =)

-lash

mike1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiflow looks in boxcovers for the folder so put them in wiiflow/boxcovers/uae/covers/ look in the sticky cover collections it has some info that might help

Lash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks guys! :D

But one thing; do Wiiflow auto-refresh? Like when i put a new cover art into the cover-folder, will Wiiflow find this or do i have to delete some config file and read the games all over again?

edit

I see if i rename a rom file, the old name shows in Wiiflow, so it seem like its not updating?

-lash

mike1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But one thing; do Wiiflow auto-refresh? Like when i put a new cover art into the cover-folder, will Wiiflow find this or do i have to delete some config file and read the games all over again?

-lash
looks for missing covers not for covers that are already there if you change one you have to go into wiiflow/cache and delete the cache file for that game

Lash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks again, but i just cant get it to show my covers.. Sorry for noobness,.. but i'v done my fair share of customization (eg. XBMC Advance Launcher)

So can you test c-64(frodo) emulator in Wiiflow and see that you get the covers to show? Give me a step by step list? I feel like ive tried every twist and turn, but i know there is something (simple?) im missing, a overlook of some kind.

Sorry to pest you guys with something you probably just sigh at ehe. Just want this to work so bad! ^^

-lash

mike1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again, but i just cant get it to show my covers.. Sorry for noobness,.. but i'v done my fair share of customization (eg. XBMC Advance Launcher)

So can you test c-64(frodo) emulator in Wiiflow and see that you get the covers to show? Give me a step by step list? I feel like ive tried every twist and turn, but i know there is something (simple?) im missing, a overlook of some kind.

Sorry to pest you guys with something you probably just sigh at ehe. Just want this to work so bad! ^^

-lash

-lash
do the games show up with out covers ? if they do check your ini and make sure the folders are named exactly the same if thats ok make sure they are sized correctly i use 1090 x 680 and i use .png for covers make sure the name is exactly the same as the rom with the extension also no space after the file name that gave me trouble with a few example "aero .zip"

mike1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

edit

I see if i rename a rom file, the old name shows in Wiiflow, so it seem like its not updating?

-lash
go to the home icon in wiiflow and press refresh cache if you change rom names or add roms

Lash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
do the games show up with out covers ? if they do check your ini and make sure the folders are named exactly the same if thats ok make sure they are sized correctly i use 1090 x 680 and i use .png for covers make sure the name is exactly the same as the rom with the extension also no space after the file name that gave me trouble with a few example "aero .zip"

Still no go at my place.. dang!

mike1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm you can have spaces in the names right? i have one called; Bruce Lee.n64(png)
yes just not at the end of the name like Bruce Lee .n64
for this file Bruce Lee.n64 the cover should be named Bruce Lee.n64.png

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
hmmm you can have spaces in the names right? i have one called; Bruce Lee.n64(png)
Sure can, so yes, it would be "Bruce Lee.n64.png" for for "Bruce Lee.n64" and make sure the cover images aren't too big. That caused a lot of grief for me in the past.

EDIT : Ninda'd

Lash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Finally! Pheew! Heehehehehe Thanks so much guys! :D Sorry for the "hand holding" there ^^

Hope others benefit from this discussion =)

You are the best!

-lash

Reactions: mike1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1