Hacking patched unit ban question

calaveragtafallout

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
hi if i have a patched unit, i enter rcm mode and then try to load a payload but it fails; when i'll create a new account on my switch will it be banned because i entered rcm mode?

BionicGecko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Well we don't really know for sure what Nintendo considers ban-worthy but this seems really, really unlikely.

D

Deleted-442439

There are no reports of booting via RCM causing a ban, and there are no reports of failed payloads causing bans.

I don't believe Nintendo could detect if you tried to send a payload and failed, but they can detect if you boot from RCM.

As others pointed out though we can't give a answer, as we don't know what Nintendo considers ban worthy, I do however find it extremely unlikely that RCM activity in general would prompt a ban.

Reactions: NoNAND

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As long as you don't actually boot into the OS from Recovery Mode(RCM) then you're fine. All communications are disabled when in RCM so there is no way Nintendo can detect when a console goes into RCM unless it actually boots into the OS(official or CFW)

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you don't actually boot into the OS from Recovery Mode(RCM) then you're fine. All communications are disabled when in RCM so there is no way Nintendo can detect when a console goes into RCM unless it actually boots into the OS(official or CFW)

That's not 100% true as no one can tell that for sure there may be flags in the lastest fw or none at all that could have a counter for times a console has entered rcm it unlikely but there no sure way of knowing

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's not 100% true as no one can tell that for sure there may be flags in the lastest fw or none at all that could have a counter for times a console has entered rcm it unlikely but there no sure way of knowing

That's what i said. As long as you don't boot into the OS AFTER going into RCM, you're fine because while IN RCM all telemetry and communications are disabled. Booting into the OS FROM RCM(Official FW or otherwise) and then going online is what is risky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse