Hacking Patched switch

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a switch is patched and it’s on 8.x, it can get bricked running a payload if I’m correct. Now is that any payload or just the actual cfw. Only asking because I maybe getting an 8.x switch soon and want to know if it will automatically brick just for loading a payload.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies, the switch I’m getting within a week, I asked the seller for the serial number and according to the website it should be safe. Thanks again for the replies. I really hope the site is correct. The first numbers are 1005, so I assume automatically it should really be safe.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got switch today and tested biskeydump payload and it wasn’t patched, now I have two switches one banned and one not banned if I’m correct, going to keep the switch I got as a non cfw switch but I am glad it can have a cfw just in case something goes wrong with my current 7.x switch. Now I have a question, does checking biskeydump automatically tell Nintendo I was attempting to modify my system. Also since I’m on 8.x, I see I can’t use eshop without linking a account. I think 8.x started that linking account thing and I think I need to do that to actually test that this switch isn’t banned. Do I need to make another Nintendo account online just to see I’m not banned to avoid Nintendo seeing my email is already in use on their website.

Kubez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a switch is patched and it’s on 8.x, it can get bricked running a payload if I’m correct. Now is that any payload or just the actual cfw. Only asking because I maybe getting an 8.x switch soon and want to know if it will automatically brick just for loading a payload.
No payloads won’t brick it. Where did you get that info from?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is PM:TTYD
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think I played that one
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (i.e. Nintendos' next first party switch title/remake)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meh, I want metroid 4
    I have a refurbished hard drive like 8TBs just use it for movies and music so if it blows up nothing I can't replace lol
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    I mean almost every first party switch title of the past year or two leaked at least a week in advance for a while now haven't they?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not all of them, but yea many.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Metroid prime 4 I wouldn't be surprised if that title will be a SwitchU title (here's hoping Nintendo won't go with such a ridiculous name again)
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Hence me saying almost 🤣
    But for photos and OS and my ROMs not risking it on a refurbished drive lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you checked both the brew and 2u sites?
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    But yes I would welcome MP4 too or even 2+3 remaster/HD to hold us over untill MP4
    +1
    Switch 2 Switched at birth
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    I check brew almost daily (alongside tinfoil sorted on release date) for new games (and cry because of the amount of shovelware and hentai getting released), am unaware of the 2u site
    Super Switch
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    HUB
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    And the switch 3 Router
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (every one of those fitting after network-, and all play part in the OSI networking layer model)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Google switch nsp and you will see,it, that site
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Aww how cool that site is Nintendo switch to me :D
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (de-URLing the URL 🤣)
    Switch 2 U
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (or do we call them URIs now?)
  • Quincy @ Quincy: