XP
Country
Canada

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That thread you quoted is neither stupid or outdated. It's still very relevant for people hunting for an unpatched Switch console.

People reading this threat think that patched switches are unhackable. Just look at OP here, he thought it’s unhackable, which is bullshit. So this Thread spreads bullshit and that’s why it’s shit. There should be a PSA that patched switches are hackable if they are on 4.1.0

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People reading this threat think that patched switches are unhackable. Just look at OP here, he thought it’s unhackable, which is bullshit. So this Thread spreads bullshit and that’s why it’s shit. There should be a PSA that patched switches are hackable if they are on 4.1.0

It is thread, not threat bud, there been info about what firmware patched unit can run CFW on.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sure thing about the PSA. You could also contact @Essometer (the creator of the thread) to ask him to put the information in the first post about v.4.1.0 being hackable still (with a link to the relevant thread to install a hack).

OguzKaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Oh I understood
There is a method to hack 4.10 patched switch. Why did you update?

I assume it’s because of stupid outdated threads like these: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...asking-questions.481215/page-179#post-8702421

Fuck this Thread
Actually, I watched several videos about hacking Nintendo Switch from Youtube, all of them said, check your serial number from some checking websites and do your process after you get "unpatched" or "possibly patched". So when I saw "Patched", I thought my console was completely unhackable and also I need to access to E Shop to buy games (Physical game prices are so expensive in my country comparing to digital ones). So I decided to update it. But after a while, I noticed that there was an exploit for 4.1.0 version.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I understood

Actually, I watched several videos about hacking Nintendo Switch from Youtube, all of them said, check your serial number from some checking websites and do your process after you get "unpatched" or "possibly patched". So when I saw "Patched", I thought my console was completely unhackable and also I need to access to E Shop to buy games (Physical game prices are so expensive in my country comparing to digital ones). So I decided to update it. But after a while, I noticed that there was an exploit for 4.1.0 version.
YouTube videos are often outdated and/or wrong.

OguzKaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Wowzers...I would just return the Switch and hope you get another 4.1 unit. And ffs, read up thoroughly next time.
This entire thread is a facepalm, lol.
It's not allowed to change your product without having any problem in my country.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

YouTube videos are often outdated and/or wrong.
I wish I had more information before I've updated it. I don't want to sell my brand new switch for nearly half of the brand new price. What do you suggest? Should I wait?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I had more information before I've updated it. I don't want to sell my brand new switch for nearly half of the brand new price. What do you suggest? Should I wait?
It's reasonable to think you might never get hacks on an ipatched system on 8.1.0. If you care at all about hacks, getting a different Switch might be your only choice.

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not allowed to change your product without having any problem in my country.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just jam up the sd card slot and return it.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually, I watched several videos about hacking Nintendo Switch from Youtube
Well, that’s where you went wrong.

I need to access to E Shop to buy games

The general consensus is that you should never go online with a hacked Switch.

So if you’re not interested in pira- err... playing backups of your legitimately purchased cartridges, then you’re not really missing out on too much by having a hacked switch.

BqRkkRs.jpg

You got an answer to your question directly from the most authoritative person in this community on this subject.

End of discussion.

Please state that you have your answer and would like this thread to be locked before it turns into an even bigger shit show than it already is.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless there are new exploits that are found, no teams are currently working on hacking patched switches after 4.1. Maybe in the long distant future but not right now.
Hexkyz is or will be working on 5.0.0-7.0.1
SXOS will support 8.1.0 on patched switches after Atmosphere does.
Though it may be a long while (if ever) when that happens.
fwiw both support and should work fine on 8.1.0 patched Switches already... finding a way to boot them on a 8.1.0 patched Switch is a completely different story.

Reactions: Adran_Marit

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll save you some time, only some Asian consoles ship with 5.x (XAJ700417 - XAJ700437). So picking up a brand new pre-revision Switch elsewhere is pretty safe as far as deja vu goes.

Reactions: newgen2005
D

Deleted User

Oguzkaan don't buy physical cartridges yeeeeeh.

Attachments

• www.google.com.png
    www.google.com.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 208
  • ubuy.png
    ubuy.png
    766.1 KB · Views: 160

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.