Hacking patched conduit with WUM 1.2 - what happened?

nitrodude150

OP
Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
ok so I got a 3.2U wii, -- a firmware i want to keep. but conduit came but, disk prompter for update, I pressed yes, then it said it would brick my console if there was any tech mods, so i didnt do update, I patched the game with wum1.2 and re-burned. Then, I DID the update, and it says my wii is now 3.4U, but everything works, was this the purpose of WUM? or what, cuz there's no read-me with the program?

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell?

I strongly reccommend against patching updates to discs, there are so many safer ways to do what you did.

Next time you have a new game launch it through GeckoOS 1.802 you can get it from HERE
It'll ask you if you want to install the IOS files that the game needs to run (which is the only reason someone would update) and it leaves your system menu alone.

Hate to tell you but you're probably on 3.4 if it says so and sketchy downgrading is the only way to go back.

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with brick blocking the game. It still works for me.

EDIT: I guess if you need an IOS in the update, but you can always just download a wad

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it probably will continue to, only real change to 3.4 is messing with the twilight hack, which who rly uses that these days anymore with homebrew channel and all.....

GeckoOS is always your best bet for new IOS' that games require without going full update, especially with your chip.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
3.4 = the trucha bug being fixed in all your IOS's. Also I believe you cant install wads on 3.4 in its current state. Should you ever brick your wii (hopefully never) it makes the successful use of recovery discs less feasible.

nitrodude150

OP
Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
ocdetective said:
3.4 = the trucha bug being fixed in all your IOS's. Also I believe you cant install wads on 3.4 in its current state. Should you ever brick your wii (hopefully never) it makes the successful use of recovery discs less feasible.
ok so I JUST found out that I can't install any wads,
hate2.gif

can anybody advise me on what to do, as I found a lot of new games that I'd like to install
wacko.gif

Thanks!

EDIT: should I use the Trucha Bug Restorer? after backing up my NAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ