United States
Last edited by DingusPingus,

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, yes, it is. If every last dev is pissed off, packs his shit and goes, there won't be a scene anymore. The moralfags will be happy because the pirates are gone, the pissed devs will be happy because nobody's there to piss them off anymore and the gbatemp staff will be happy because there's no more moderation to do.

win/win every way I look at it

White Knights and their self-righteous, sanctimonious, assbackwards views on the scene are holding a good portion of it back, true. For the scene to grow, mature, look something like the Wii or PSP scene - full of life, awesome and intricate homebrew, I'm sure pirates and moralfags alike would deal with the devil in front of them. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the White Knight is so paranoid he/she might cross their self-imposed black and white moral boundary that they'd rather watch the scene burn.

Then again, maybe the pirates are so stupid and impatient they'd actively burn the scene to the ground by releasing unfinished work, making insane claims of projects and programs that they without background knowledge couldn't possibly achieve, or by annoying developers by asking mundane, asinine questions on their twitter, GBATemp threads, reddit - you name it. Wanting everyone pissed at each other seems as idiotic as the White Knights wanting "just enough" homebrew without breaking their contrived morals they created and now want to impose on everyone.

Alosho

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
White Knights and their self-righteous, sanctimonious, assbackwards views on the scene are holding a good portion of it back, true. For the scene to grow, mature, look something like the Wii or PSP scene - full of life, awesome and intricate homebrew, I'm sure pirates and moralfags alike would deal with the devil in front of them. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the White Knight is so paranoid he/she might cross their self-imposed black and white moral boundary that they'd rather watch the scene burn.

Then again, maybe the pirates are so stupid and impatient they'd actively burn the scene to the ground by releasing unfinished work, making insane claims of projects and programs that they without background knowledge couldn't possibly achieve, or by annoying developers by asking mundane, asinine questions on their twitter, GBATemp threads, reddit - you name it. Wanting everyone pissed at each other seems as idiotic as the White Knights wanting "just enough" homebrew without breaking their contrived morals they created and now want to impose on everyone.

I'm just going to say that it's very stupid to think about limitations in a process where you're breaking the limitations of a system to create something else, we're stuck with the devs that we have until one of us or someone different stepts in the scene, there has to be a balance in order for the scene to grow.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The third pastebin that you posted with the keys are old... here's that same word for word pastebin from March, http://pastebin.com/Mbc9v90k
Yeah, it was extremely familiar, and now that you show me the old one, I actually have had that posted in this thread before lol. Well, wonder why this person keeps posting it.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

asian flavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it was extremely familiar, and now that you show me the old one, I actually have had that posted in this thread before lol. Well, wonder why this person keeps posting it.
More than likely a troll that keeps reposting it. But looking through the pastebin stuff...who's this 3DSNice person? He had some interesting stuff to say and show what's going on. Especially the NX stuff. If that really is an OS or even a cloud based hardware system, that could spell doom for homebrew.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More than likely a troll that keeps reposting it. But looking through the pastebin stuff...who's this 3DSNice person? He had some interesting stuff to say and show what's going on. Especially the NX stuff. If that really is an OS or even a cloud based hardware system, that could spell doom for homebrew.
It was all a sham, as most of the stuff that they showed were complete speculation, like 4chan Nintendo Direct leaks. He hasn't done anything in a while and it was mostly troll stuff for he didn't really know what he was talking about at the time. (Even showed a fake video!!) lol.

Reactions: asian flavor

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Calls plausible pastes trolling, praises obvious troll... be straight with us, you're 3DSNice aren't you? Haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof