Past hacker, present noob

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sirhc6, Aug 23, 2009.

Aug 23, 2009

Past hacker, present noob by sirhc6 at 7:14 PM (939 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. sirhc6
    OP

Newcomer sirhc6 Member

Canada
    Alright, i have searched and searched but honestly i feel like i have been away from the scene waay to long so i just want to make sure im not missing anything!

I purchased wii fit and wii resort and first tried to play resort but i noticed the disc loader (native) shows a picture saying that it will update my wii. I obviously dont want to do this as i dont know if my wii will brick!

i dont have any kind of backups of my wii or starfall..(yes that was the last time i was on here).. i think there was another safe thing like pre loader too, but i dont have either.

if i remeber correctly i have

- 3.2 u
    - 0.3 gamma loader w/ a channel to load backups*
    - not sure the version of homebrew im sure i can just click on it to get the newest update
    - i think it was my current 3.2 that i got from here and it was "safe" so i assume it was altered.. dont know if that matters
    - i might have dvdx which last time i was on here caused all sorts of problems!

if im leaving anything out i will be more than happy to fill you in!

ps. i dont have usb loader or what ever that was/is and i ONLY have 0.3 gamma, i dont have 0.1 i think it was called:P

so basically i want to safely upgrade to the newest wii system menu or at least one that wii resort wont still want to update with* and if possible make a backup of my wii which i here is possible now:D:D:D

sorry for being the 100000th person to ask this but to get it all in one place for my specific needs would be greatly appreciated!

- links to guide would be okay if you could point out the key parts i have to follow [​IMG]

Sorry for the long post!

2. thc42O

Banned thc42O Banned

Canada
    Find and use Waninkoko's 4.1 Firmware Updater
    Find and install Waninkoko's cIOS38 Rev 14
    Find and install Preloader .029
    find and install Neogamma r7

find google.com and dont b e lazy.

3. Adr990

Member Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Netherlands
    Final version (v3):

HBC/DVDX/BootMii:
    1) Load Bannerbomb => Load Hackmii Installer.
    2) Follow instructions on screen => Install HBC & DVDX & BootMii (If possible both Boot2 and IOS)
    3) ... profit!

Preloader and cIOS249 of Waninkoko install:
    1) Install Preloader 0.29
    2) Launch HBC, run TBR, downgrade IOS15, patch IOS36, Restor IOS15.
    3) Install cIOS249 of Waninkoko, using IOS36.
    4) ... profit!

Installing system menu 4.1 and Preloader re install:
    1) Run WAD Manager
    2) Install IOSs: 16 + 60 + 61 WADs
    3) Install System Menu 4.1 WAD
    4) Install Preloader 0.29
    5) ... profit!

Softmod (You need cIOS249 of Waninkoko installed. (read above.):
    1) Just have a reloader/rebooter with hooks. (Neogamma is the best I guess..)
    2) Load it trough a Custom channel / HBC.
    3) ... Profit!

Here is a TBR guide eventually:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=2099068

Using DVDX to watch DVD's get a Mplayer app.
    Load Roms from a DVD using a Emulator that supports it.

Done...

(P.S. feel free to copy and paste this in every topic like this.. [​IMG] )

4. Deviyl

Member Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    3.2 should be updated.

Grab a Nintendo update and follow the guide in my sig below to get your Wii hacked and up to the latest and best apps.

Once you're done, you can get USB Loader GX or NeoGamma (in the guide) and launch with alt.dol.

P.S. I wouldn't use v3 of HackMii installer as it's got some issues restoring NANDs. When you go to the BootMii site, click "copy link location" and paste it somewhere.. where the link says Beta3.. change it to beta2 to get the older version that actually works. Then just hang out until a new version is released that works properly. =)

5. sirhc6
    OP

Newcomer sirhc6 Member

Canada
    hey deviyl,

you say grab a nintendo update.. from where? here? or should i update from system settings?/wii resort?

what will this update me to?

which version should i update too?

i have HBC already.. will i brick if i update?

i feel bad for asking all these questions.. just want ya to know i really appreciate it!

PS*** i think i have 3.3 although it says 3.2... i remember the safe update i did was to 3.3*** it just doesnt show up as that [​IMG]

another edit

i didnt put that im pretty sure i have rev 7.. dont even remember what that does but i think its for 0.3 gamma ahah

6. sirhc6
    OP

Newcomer sirhc6 Member

Canada
    also, should i follow your guide, then update so that i have a backup before updating? or update then follow your guide?

thanks again in advance

7. spacedkadet

Newcomer spacedkadet Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    if you want then you can just do a system update from settings through your console.

then install beta2 of hackmii as mentioned, make sure you choose to install bootmii as boot2 and install the hbc and dvdx.

once thats done make a backup of your nand through bootmii.

install trucha bug restorer to get trucha bug so that you can install the cIOS38rev14.

then use dop-ios to patch ios60 and finally install preloader.

make another nand backup if all went well [​IMG]

8. sirhc6
    OP

Newcomer sirhc6 Member

Canada
    thank you is it safe for me to update even tho i have done the twilight hack?/0.3 gamme/ backup loader channel?/rev 7?

thanks!

9. w_n_s

Newcomer w_n_s Advanced Member

United Kingdom

I just done a second console for my brother the other day. I updated to 4.1 using the Nintendo system update, then proceeded to softmod it using the instructions above . [​IMG]

Also - my console was on 3.2U with twilight hack / 0.3 gamma / backup loader channel and I upgraded to 4.1 just fine, then I proceeded with the cIOS 38 Rev14 install and usbloader etc....

Don't forget to install BootMii as Boot2 if you can, and take a Nand backup (0.2Beta of BootMii that is) .

10. spacedkadet

Newcomer spacedkadet Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    yes. its downgrading thats risky. some of the things you installed may still be there after but just follow the order as if you where doing a clean wii and it'll be fine [​IMG]

once youve done that you can then look at the extras you may want like neogamma7 for disc loading, usbloadergx for hdd loading, wadmanager 1.5 for adding challes and others wads. and anyother things you want,

11. sirhc6
    OP

Newcomer sirhc6 Member

Canada