OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Well it seems M3 are at it again!​
QUOTE said:
Hi, We will put out the third generation of Passcard device within this month .
Passscard is the perfect flash card boot-up solution for DS LITE & NDS .
- The perfect flash card boot-up solution for DS LITE & NDS. Compatible with most types of flash cards including M3, Neo , SCÂ & G6
- Simply insert both PASSCARD & flash card into the slots of NDS and that 's it!
- Music, Movies, Freeware, Homebrew games and other files stored on your flash card can be launched.
-In addition, it works fine in sleep mode.
We will provide a sample to you. Thanks!
Regards
passcard3.jpg

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
damn, i just brought the datel max media launcher, should've wait since i still didnt have a ds lite yet.
Thats what this can do that the Max Media Launcher cannot, make people regret NOT buying it XD

I really think they're going overboard with the PassMe's...unless there is new features that they're going to put, which I hope is the case.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So wait, all I would have to do is just put this thing in the DS slot instead of a Passkey and a real game?

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hi, We will put out the third generation of Passcard device within this month.
do they mean the month of may? if so, this may bode well for those who have a pending order for a passcard 2 with kicktrading.ca
they said that they are expecting restock on or around june 5th, which could be the newer v3 passcards.

DevilCrash76

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi All!

currently i own a 'Passcard2' ... what will be the differences to this version?

MPH, Tetris and SNMB work for me (M3 MiniSD) since i updated its firmware to E19 (NDS Lite, bought after 01.05.06)

Thanks
JTC

chooch81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an M3 CF card and a ds lite - does this mea i dont need the passkey 2? it would be much nicer to have this than have the big stupid passkey2.

skfields01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what I see is the difference...

QUOTE said:
Simply insert both PASSCARD & flash card into the slots of NDS and that 's it!

As far as I can tell. the Passcard2 still has to have the boot file on your Flashcard. You then turn on your system (while the Passcard2 is NOT inserted), use the boot file, turn your system off, insert the Passcard2, and then turn your system on. It is a process.

With this "New: Passcard... just put it in your system, turn it on, and your good to go. No more steps or boot file.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone can see this is just a knee-jerk reaction to the Max Media Launcher. But that doesn't make it any less cool. And I love the colors. White and red trumps green and orange, ugh. I wonder how this stands up to the MML though. Only time will tell, I suppose.
unsure.gif

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As far as I can tell. the Passcard2 still has to have the boot file on your Flashcard. You then turn on your system (while the Passcard2 is NOT inserted), use the boot file, turn your system off, insert the Passcard2, and then turn your system on. It is a process.

I never understood why so many people are talking about this complicated booting process, perhaps I'm missing something?

I've got a DS and a DS Lite, as well as a Passkey2 (came with my M3 SD) and a Max Media Launcher. No matter which combination I think of, for me it has always been simply a matter of plugging in both the M3 and one of the pass devices and turning the DS on. The DS boots into the M3 menu, and that's it.

I had to program the Passkey2 before I could use it, but all I had to do was to run the GBA ROM containing the configuration software once and select the DS game I wanted to use with the Passkey from that moment on.

So why do people have to go through all the things skfields01 described above?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People are misunderstanding, that's why.

The programming of the PassCard 2 & PassKey 2 are one time events folks!

After the devices have been programmed - you simply insert and go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back