Hacking Parappa the Rapper 2 won’t play

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve tried downloading both the American and European iso and loading it through Webman. With both, they eventually freeze up. I can still hear the soundtrack, and exit to the XMB, but I can’t play the game. I have cobra ps2 emu enabled in rebug toolbox and I have a cech-2001a slim on 4.81.1 Rebug DEX. Any help?

BTW, all other PS2 games work fine, this is the first one I’ve had trouble with.

Last edited by Alex4nder001,

Voxel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's just part of the compatibility issues that numerous games have with PS2 software emulation. I also tried Parappa 2 on my CFW'd Slim and got constant random freezes as well. Not even using ManaGunz's PS2 game launcher with typical fixes enabled could resolve it...

There's likely no way to remedy it other than to just buy a PS3 with PS2 hardware BC. That's what I ended up doing, and Parappa 2 never froze again for me.

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's just part of the compatibility issues that numerous games have with PS2 software emulation. I also tried Parappa 2 on my CFW'd Slim and got constant random freezes as well. Not even using ManaGunz's PS2 game launcher with typical fixes enabled could resolve it...

There's likely no way to remedy it other than to just buy a PS3 with PS2 hardware BC. That's what I ended up doing, and Parappa 2 never froze again for me.
And get maybe two months of play out of it before I get the YLOD? No thanks.

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies for my late comment but I'm really desperate. Has anyone got a config file for managunz or any other tested and working solution? I'm really desperate. I've installed Managunz just to play it, but I don't know what will get it working.

MaverickZXA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if it still was, I have a custom emu setting file that makes it playable on the PS3 - If you're interested, let me know

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, but things have changed. I got a PS2, installed FreeHDboot, etc. blah blah blah... So this is not really a concern of mine any more.
well, if it still was, I have a custom emu setting file that makes it playable on the PS3 - If you're interested, let me know

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm interested, please tell me

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think those config files only work for backwards compatible or semi-backwards compatible PS3s for Parappa the Rapper 2. I have a Slim and have tried both configs and the game still freezes up on the first cutscene. I don't think it can be played on non-backwards compatible PS3s at all unless they make another config.

@MaverickZXA if you do have a config for non-backwards compatible PS3s I'd love to have it. If it's one of the ones in ManaGunz I've tried those it doesn't help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots