Hacking Paperclip RCM "jig"

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's cheaper to do like me, a ON\OFF switch inside the joy-con and never have to remove the joy-cons from the console, 0 wear to the rail which is already a loose crap from factory day 1...

I really wish SteamDeck 2 if they make one would be more like the Switch but with a proper full size joysticks and unlike Switch a damn TIGHT locking mechanism that doesn't feel like it's coming off from the hand:whip:
I replaced a plastic lock with a metal one and push out switch rail pins from the inside with a screwdriver. It is solid now but i probably overdo this and now the joy-con rails will wear off :D.

Instructions for what?
Bet he is asking about this button mod of Guily
well the ON\OFF button was also free for me, removed it from something broken :)

And it's in the Joy-con, I just set it to ON position and only have to worry pressing the power + vol button...

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
i can't do it.
in 2018 when this was first posted we were in a very early stage of switch modding. Now premade jigs are found everywhere for very cheap, many even come with a payload injector so the risk of burning a fuse with a homemade solution do not worth these days.

(you may even lend a jig with someone else, as you will need it just to first install CFW and when you need to update your stock firmware).

Edit: Also check if you have the right switch revision, some will never enter in RCM with the jig.

use this as reference: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
then it looks like I am not going to edit my save...
If there was only a way
modchips are very good way. Getting an old switch and doing the official save transfer is the other way. If the game in question is any of the pokemon games, there are tons communities everywhere giving out hacked pokemon, cloned pokemon and all that shit, so maybe you don't even need CFW.

rueiterksry

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
modchips are very good way. Getting an old switch and doing the official save transfer is the other way. If the game in question is any of the pokemon games, there are tons communities everywhere giving out hacked pokemon, cloned pokemon and all that shit, so maybe you don't even need CFW.
nope, acnh.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It depends on the person, when it come to Pokemon, personally I would like to edit stuffs myself instead of relying on other.

FoxStorm1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Method works! Thank you :)

Attachments

• IMG_20231216_100915_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231216_100915_HDR.jpg