Paper Mario color splash freezing issue

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by epicboy, Nov 16, 2016.

1. epicboy
    OP

epicboy GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    United States
    Hey Tempers. Sooo I tried paper mario when it first came out on loadiine, but I always experienced random freezes after cutscenes end. I thought it might be an issue with my sd card, and got extremely excited when the Brazilian method was released, but even when installed on my usb, it still has freezing issues. And ideas what it can be? Thanks in advance

2. Eastonator12
    This message by Eastonator12 has been removed from public view by Minox, Nov 23, 2016, Reason: Don't link to title keys.
    Nov 16, 2016
  3. epicboy
    OP

epicboy GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    United States
    I'm pretty sure that's against the rules to link that. I suggest you edit your post before anything bad happens.

As for that freeze, was that on your gamepad screen? Maybe you were just looking at the wrong screen. But I will try your fix. I already have rednand, will using a different fw.img mean I have to redo the rednand procedures?

4. Eastonator12

Eastonator12 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 16, 2016
    United States
    If you already HAVE redNAND, you don't need to use the other one. I should read the rules before I post anything. But, that USB Helper is useful. And I probably WASN'T looking at the TV, because It was off. Wow. I feel like a moron now.

5. sroemr

sroemr Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2016
    United States
    Could be the USB. I had the same issue when I was using a 2.0, upgraded to a 3.0 with faster read speeds and its good to go.

As for the light blue screen, I thought I was frozen on that too but realized after I changed the TV to the Wii U input it was wanting me to play on the TV and not the gamepad.

6. NintendU_the_great

NintendU_the_great OFFICIAL GBATEMP TROLLER

Banned
    Oct 4, 2015
    India
    in yer toilet!
    remove the link...
    the link takes to wii u titlekeys, which are wii u copyright crap / piracy, and GBATEMP doesnt allow such stuff. or if you want, a moderator can remove that post of yours and ban you !

7. epicboy
    OP

epicboy GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    United States
    I'm currently using a usb 3.0 hdd adapter and it continues to freeze. I guess I just can't enjoy that game.

8. Yokaiwatch2fan42066669

Yokaiwatch2fan42066669 Banned

Banned
    Nov 22, 2016
    United States
    Buy the game. Especially if you're playing it so long devs deserve it.