alusnova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I got Paper Mario the game loads fine with CEMU 1.74d but when I get to the boat scene (basically the intro still) the game freezes , anyone here that has the game running can maybe help? Is there some settings that I need to modify, etc?

Thanks!

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I got Paper Mario the game loads fine with CEMU 1.74d but when I get to the boat scene (basically the intro still) the game freezes , anyone here that has the game running can maybe help? Is there some settings that I need to modify, etc?

Thanks!
Don't use cemuhook to watch the video. You'll have to watch a green screen for the duration of the video but then it will go into game just fine.

Why don't you ask in the cemu thread....
Why? When people ask questions like this in the cemu thread it's harder for someone who ends up with the same question later to find their answer. I think it's a large part of why we keep getting the same questions in a lot.

alusnova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use cemuhook to watch the video. You'll have to watch a green screen for the duration of the video but then it will go into game just fine.

Why? When people ask questions like this in the cemu thread it's harder for someone who ends up with the same question later to find their answer. I think it's a large part of why we keep getting the same questions in a lot.

I removed cemuhook and now i get the green screen but seems to freeze at the same boat scene (after the second paper mario splash)I waited over 20 minutes. I'm using the EU version of the game don't know if that makes any difference, anyone know how to make this the American version? I'm lost here I can play Zelda BOTW fine.

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried it two more times for you. Froze the first time. Didn't freeze the second time. Froze 4 times in a row with cemuhook yesterday though. So I guess keep trying. You should get through it eventually. No need to wait 20 minutes though. If the screen stays green it froze. If it turns black it didn't.

No idea if region matters. I've got USA.

alusnova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried it two more times for you. Froze the first time. Didn't freeze the second time. Froze 4 times in a row with cemuhook yesterday though. So I guess keep trying. You should get through it eventually. No need to wait 20 minutes though. If the screen stays green it froze. If it turns black it didn't.

No idea if region matters. I've got USA.

So the game freezing at the boat scene is a common problem, now I have tried different older versions of cemu and all with the same result . Now you have the american version do you know or anyone for that matter if i can make my EU version American by changing a file name ? Thanks

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is a US update then you can technically paste the update over your original files and it will turn it into US version. I wouldn't though. No telling what you might be breaking. I'm not eve sure if there is an update for this game though.

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@alusnova I know it's been a few days. Other people have had this issue so I have revisited it. It seems to freeze there less often if you use cycle based timer. Seems to freeze about 7 out of 10 times with host based timer. US and EU version doesn't seem to make a difference. Just kind of comes down to luck, but try cycle based timer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.