Pandora Questions

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Sterling, Jul 3, 2010.

Jul 3, 2010

Pandora Questions by Sterling at 4:05 AM (790 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Sterling
    OP

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Well I have some money left from my graduation. I was planning on spending it elsewhere, but then I remembered how much I actually want one of these. I read the fist impressions review, and honestly I love the way its built, and laid out. Anyways, questions:

1) First pre-orders have been sent out. At the moment what are my chances of getting one in the next shipment if I pre-order in a few days.

2) What apps have been released for it, and how do they play?

3) I have no doubt that this will be worth the purchase. Mostly because I am a sucker for handhelds that emulate things, etc. But atm is there any handheld machine that comes close to the potential/out of the box abilities that the Pandora can do. Or is there one that has been slated to be developed.

For those that don't know I bought a PSP, and it can do a lot but it isn't out of the box capabilities.

2. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    I'd actually like to know this as well, because I'm kind of debating between getting an iPhone 3GS or a Pandora for my birthday on the 6th. I know the Pandora won't be available instantly, since it's on another pre-order.

As for apps, apparently most of the emulators run smoothly, and there are quite a few game ports...You can look at all available apps here: http://apps.open-pandora.org/apps/main.shtml

3. Sterling
    OP

United States
    I honestly like it because it is shaped similar to the DS, and the fact that it's on par with a traditional performing video game console with features similar to a netbook.

4. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Yeah, I like the design as well. I really just want a great handheld gaming system with N64 support and other emulator support. I was thinking about a Dingoo A320 (I don't like the look of the A330, and I don't need the wireless controller), but the emulators are pretty basic.

5. Sterling
    OP

United States
    GBA Emu in the A320 is a half assed piece of shit, and almost every other native emu is the same. Dingux is where it truly shines!

6. Sterling
    OP

United States
    For those of you that care, I here is an update on availability.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

They also directly dodged my question about the number of first batch Pandora systems left.