OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
It's been over two solid years since we first caught wind of this here gaming handheld, and while we were initially led to believe that finalized units would be in the hands of emulation junkies long before now, we suppose loyalists are finding that late really is superior to never. After months and months of "almosts," the first wave of final Pandora handhelds are shipping out, with many community followers posting up unboxing shots as they come. We're also expecting a flood of homebrewed applications to start surfacing as more of these filter out, so be sure and drop us a line if you discover and / or create something otherworldly. Plenty more shots in the links below -- you know, if you're still patiently awaiting the arrival of your own.
Source

Must... Buy...

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
looks like a watered-down netbook
tongue.gif

But whats it do?

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
tongue.gif

But whats it do?
Theraima said:
It seems like a fusion of DS Lite and PSP.. Could be awesome..
QUOTE(azure0wind @ Feb 12 2010, 01:14 AM)
clone of ds?

wow, it's been so long people don't even know what it is anymore!

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gore said:
zeromac said:
tongue.gif

But whats it do?
Theraima said:
clone of ds?

So... what exactly is this good for?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
Gore said:
zeromac said:
tongue.gif

But whats it do?
Theraima said:
clone of ds?

So... what exactly is this good for?
I'm guessing a super emulator, homebrew system.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I backed out of buying this because I needed to get a netbook first for my final year of grade school (ASUS eeepc 1201n if you're wondering, and its pretty much awesome). I'll come back to this after I finish my finals.

It's pretty powerful for on the go gaming. Yeah, I wouldn't call it a watered down netbook, but I'd say its to a netbook what a netbook is to a notebook. Catch my drift? You can do pretty much all things a netbook can do to a degree. You can surf the net, play videos, play some open source games. It's basically a small computer. It sports full gaming controls and is capable of fullspeed n64 emulation, along with all consoles under it (including PSX). Once it gets a strong community under its belt, you an look forward to see lots great development.

If you just saw this and are wanting one right now, good luck. There were 4000 on preorder for like a year and a half so there's none left, it's gonna take at least another 6 months until the next batch of 4000 come in.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They actually haven't started shipping them yet. They said they don't even have the cases since the ones they received were faulty, and the next shipment might take longer due to Chinese New Years.
I just want to see how well these can run N64 and PS1 games, then I'll decide whether to buy one or not.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
nutella5600 said:
If you just saw this and are wanting one right now, good luck. There were 4000 on preorder for like a year and a half so there's none left, it's gonna take at least another 6 months until the next batch of 4000 come in.
i doubt they will ever sell these here anyway cos of the emulation.
tongue.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First mass-produced Pandora units will not be in the wild until March.

it's actually a really interesting system. It's like a DS, with a touch 800x480 screen that's the same size as the screen on the PSP. It has several projects going for it with already impressive results, like a psx, n64, and I believe a dreamcast emulator is in the works too by someone.

Plus you got ports and original projects going for it.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
nutella5600 said:
tongue.gif
For one, they don't sell them in stores. Its done solely through email. Secondly, even if they sold them through other means, the fact that it can emulate consoles doesn't make it illegal. You're computer can emulate N64, correct? Does that make it illegal? No. These emulators are not made by the Pandora team, but by programmers that make emulators specifically for the Pandora, just like a PC programmer would make emulators for PC's.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
nutella5600 said:
Bladexdsl said:
nutella5600 said:
tongue.gif
For one, they don't sell them in stores. Its done solely through email. Secondly, even if they sold them through other means, the fact that it can emulate consoles doesn't make it illegal. You're computer can emulate N64, correct? Does that make it illegal? No. These emulators are not made by the Pandora team, but by programmers that make emulators specifically for the Pandora, just like a PC programmer would make emulators for PC's.
there was a phone can't remember the name sold that had built in emulation software for nintendo games. nintendo threw a big tantrum over it and sued them
tongue.gif

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
haven't they said "pandora is going to be shipping soon" about 20 times now? i keep reading news about how its going to be shipping next month or next year or something and nothing ever happens.

o0ICE0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody have any idea how hard somthing like this would be to make, as not a Nintendo sized company?

Stop complaining.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this emulates up to the Dreamcast, but is PSX/N64 emulation any good? Like full speed? If so, I'd consider it.

A very interesting piece of technology that has gotten my interest, but not $300 worth of my interest. If I had lots of extra cash to spend and bought everything I'm desiring right now, I'd consider it. But at the moment, not even in range.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1