Hacking Panasonic reader mac version

tangotoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, anyone here know of a mac version of the Panasonic reader that is described on the AKAIO wiki, to format my sd card before installing AKAIO?

Be grateful of any help on this, and do you have to format your sd before you can install AKAIO? I do already use my acekard 2i for games.

Thank you anyone that replies and helps!

tufty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, don't think it is available for Mac OS. If you have an Intel Mac, you can run a virtual Windows OS using VirtualBox, VMWare Fusion or Parallels. The first one in that list is free. XP isn't. Anyway, with a virtual XP running, the Panasonic formatter works fine.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tufty said:
The first one in that list is free. XP isn't.
Who said XP wasn't free?
rolleyes.gif

tangotoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only got a power pc mac, but i might try download xp to my brothers intel mac and format my sd like that...

but is it worth it? Is there any way to run akaio on my acekard2i, without formatting my SD?

r00tski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only used disk utility on my intel mac to format my microsd as fat and haven't run into any problems. Not sure if there are any differences between the way the ppc and intel versions of disk utility do the format, but give it a shot and see if it fits your needs.

tufty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get by with a standard "MSDOS" format on mac, or format the SD card in a camera. However, the Panasonic SD format makes directory listing and maybe other IO faster when used in the Acekard, at least compared to the standard mac MSDOS formats.

Surely you can find someone with a PC? Maybe a library? The SD formatter doesn't need any installation, it just runs where you unzip it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :tpi: