So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd settle for a SIMulation. Not even of the later Palm os's, just the original Palm Pilot. Prolly wouldn't be hard to rip the look and feel, but Graffiti seems like it'd be a b*tch. Could a freeware project even use Graffiti without getting in deep doodoo?

Oh and don't the DS and the Newton have the same "type" of processor? Even if the Newton was somehow easier to do, I'd rather have a Pilot. Nice and simple... no overkill.

Plus, the Pilot had a Dragonball processor, and I loves me some Dragonball! Kameyameyameya baby!

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i am running ds emu on my tablet pc.
wub.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
i think it's not quite possible with the 66mhz arm-cpu of the ds;
1st gen Palm Pilot = [email protected] MHz
DS = ARM@67Mhz

Is there a large "real world" speed difference between the two? I realize they're two completely different processors, so it's not smart to go by MHz alone. They are both RISC though, and quite a few years apart as well. Your tech savvy plz?

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would definitely pay for a decent Palm OS emulator. Not even for the Palm functions, but for all the great applications that are available for Palm. I use(d) my Palm Vx all the time for reading books, and the DS has no book reading software which comes close to the book readers available (even though they were in black and white).

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
1st gen Palm Pilot = [email protected] MHz
DS = ARM@67Mhz

Is there a large "real world" speed difference between the two? I realize they're two completely different processors, so it's not smart to go by MHz alone. They are both RISC though, and quite a few years apart as well. Your tech savvy plz?
Actually, the Dragonball is a CISC processor, a 68000 clone. See http://ingles.homeunix.org/presos/palmpres/1-2/proc.html. It might be just about possible to emulate the first Palms. Later Palms used an ARM processor.

It would be nice if PalmOS could run on DS natively. Didn't Nintendo buy a Palm licence a while back, and there were rumours of them porting PalmOS to the DS?

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the correction pelago, and yeah an official port would be tres sweet. I really would settle for an older OS emulation (I loved my first Pilot.) As I noted earlier, I'd also settle for a clone, though I don't know the legal ramifications of such.

Barring all that, I wish my G6 Lite would run DSOrganize!!!
laugh.gif

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why would you need it btw. i got a Sony Clie NX 60 with Palm OS 5(latest)
biggrin.gif

Palm os is handy to organize and make powerpoint projects and make word documents and lots more in the palm of you hand but on a PC you can do lots of more why use palm os??

EDIT:
AAh nvm you mean for the DS
Well dunno if its handy Screen is to small for it, + the sony clie has 200MHZ dont think an DS has it
But i can Tell Palm os is best PDA software It plays MP4 MP3 and lots more but it is more ment to work on
And i think Windows Mobile is more like for fun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up