PALib Troubles

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by alex, Jan 19, 2009.

1. alex
    OP

alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 1, 2008
    United States
    So I had PALib/Devkitpro installed, I was testing some stuff, it compiled for a while, then I copied a lib to the desktop and tried to compile(it was in a folder on the desktop) and it didn't work. So I try to compile what I did earlier, and it didn't work. So I changed the environmentale varibles thing, they were like /c/ again. But still no luck. It work a minute before that... Why does it keep doing this, I'm going to re-install, but why does it do this? :\

2. sleight

sleight Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2008
    Gambia, The
    had the same problem.. except for i didnt try to copie sth out..

only thing that helped was reinstalling

3. MicShadow

MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2008
    Try putting it in a location without spaces. I remember it was pretty picky about it.

So instead of C:\Documents And Settings\Alex\Desktop\libsomething

Try something like C:\projects\sources\libsomething

4. Eponasoft

Eponasoft Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2009
    United States
    MicShadow is correct. You can't compile in a path with any spaces in it. That not only applies to PAlib but devkitpro in general.

5. Morgawr

Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Dec 18, 2008
    Italy
    also remember that the newer devkitpro version you have, the less PALib will work.. or that's what I read somewhere (never tried PALib since I started just yesterday programming with libnds [​IMG] )... I read that the new version (r24 for devkitpro) isn't even compatible with PAlib... :\

6. alex
    OP

alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 1, 2008
    United States
    Thanks guys! It did seem to work before in My Documents, I could compile correctly(just kept getting something wrong with AS_Lib, FAT system. I couldn't code it right. [​IMG]) :\ I'll try that. [​IMG]

EDIT: Nope, I tried compiling in the C:\devkitpro\palib\template folder, and it gave this error:

[​IMG]

Everything worked before.

Reinstalled, and works again. But I guess the reason it worked in the My Documents, is because I forgot it was in the S:\("Storage", 400GB! [​IMG] it was 500 but 100 was partitioned for C:\) drive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice