PALib Troubles

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by alex, Jan 19, 2009.

Jan 19, 2009

PALib Troubles by alex at 3:06 AM (667 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. alex
    OP

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    So I had PALib/Devkitpro installed, I was testing some stuff, it compiled for a while, then I copied a lib to the desktop and tried to compile(it was in a folder on the desktop) and it didn't work. So I try to compile what I did earlier, and it didn't work. So I changed the environmentale varibles thing, they were like /c/ again. But still no luck. It work a minute before that... Why does it keep doing this, I'm going to re-install, but why does it do this? :\

2. sleight

Newcomer sleight Advanced Member

Germany
    had the same problem.. except for i didnt try to copie sth out..

only thing that helped was reinstalling

3. MicShadow

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Try putting it in a location without spaces. I remember it was pretty picky about it.

So instead of C:\Documents And Settings\Alex\Desktop\libsomething

Try something like C:\projects\sources\libsomething

4. Eponasoft

Newcomer Eponasoft Member

United States
    MicShadow is correct. You can't compile in a path with any spaces in it. That not only applies to PAlib but devkitpro in general.

5. Morgawr

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    also remember that the newer devkitpro version you have, the less PALib will work.. or that's what I read somewhere (never tried PALib since I started just yesterday programming with libnds [​IMG] )... I read that the new version (r24 for devkitpro) isn't even compatible with PAlib... :\

6. alex
    OP

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Thanks guys! It did seem to work before in My Documents, I could compile correctly(just kept getting something wrong with AS_Lib, FAT system. I couldn't code it right. [​IMG]) :\ I'll try that. [​IMG]

EDIT: Nope, I tried compiling in the C:\devkitpro\palib\template folder, and it gave this error:

[​IMG]

Everything worked before.

Reinstalled, and works again. But I guess the reason it worked in the My Documents, is because I forgot it was in the S:\("Storage", 400GB! [​IMG] it was 500 but 100 was partitioned for C:\) drive.