PAL Smash Stack - Won't install

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by nikkysan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. nikkysan
    OP

nikkysan Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    Hi there, I'm trying to install the Homebrew Channel onto my Wii U so I can install Nintendont to play Gamecube games. I have a PAL Wii U, PAL copy of Brawl and the proper SD card required (I've used it to install homebrew on my Wii in the past with no issues), and I've followed the tutorials to a tee, but the Twilight Hack screen will not show up upon entering the stage builder screen (yes I have deleted the pre-built custom stages and exiting before inserting my SD card). I've tried both the save and no save versions of the PAL Smash Stack files and even the NTSC-U version but nothing seems to work. Any ideas on what might be wrong? I'm completely stuck.

Thanks in advance.

2. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    You're probably using an SDHC and smash stack only works with older type flashcard SD'S. SD cards go up till 2 gigs.

3. nikkysan
    OP

nikkysan Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    The SD card I'm using is actually one from a Nintendo DSi which is 2GB, is that a SDHC card? I've used it with my Wii before with no issues, strange that it doesn't seem to work with my Wii U.

4. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Does is say SD or SDHC on the card. If you used it with your dsi it's probably an SD. You're using the smashstack exploit ? Since you're also talking about the twilight hack in your previous post. Also did you put the hackmii elf on the card ? If you don't have that on the card nothing will load and i think that's your problem.

Last edited by kumikochan, Nov 24, 2015
  5. nikkysan
    OP

nikkysan Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    Yep, it's an SD card. The boot.elf file? Yes I did. There's also a bootmini.elf file but I don't know if that's useful or not.

6. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Nope just put the elf file from the hackmii zip in the root of the card. If it doesn't work then try to download all files from a different source.

7. nikkysan
    OP

nikkysan Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    I tried the original source via the wayback machine, the first one I downloaded was a mirror since the original site is currently down. And I downloaded a previous version of HackMii (as far as I can tell there are no other sources for this file anywhere else). Still no luck.

8. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Well then i can't help you since it works with me anyway.

9. nikkysan
    OP

nikkysan Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    Don't worry, I found the PAL Smash Stack files at wii-homebrew.com and they worked! Thank you for the help. :)

10. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Good to hear