Status
Not open for further replies.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so recently I noticed on the lower corners of the bottom part of my 3ds, the paint is peeling away/coming off. has this happened to anyone else??

yes, btw sometimes ill eat a few chips or something while playing,, maybe that has something to do with it,, or they use crappy paint

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so recently I noticed on the lower corners of the bottom part of my 3ds, the paint is peeling away/coming off. has this happened to anyone else??

yes, btw sometimes ill eat a few chips or something while playing,, maybe that has something to do with it,, or they use crappy paint
ashes to ashes . . . its called wear . . . yes it happens and your circle pad (/c-stick) yellows

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

It happened to my cousin only a couple months after he got the 3DS, he has the metallic blue n3DS. It's pretty bad, the paint is basically all gone where he grips it when playing.

I'm wondering if the metallic paint they use on the n3DS is just lower quality, because none of my 3DSes have had that problem, not my o3DS or o3DS XL or my small n3DS.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has happened to the sides of my D-pad. Considering the 3DS is from 2011, I'm not surprised.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This happens with all metallic paint, it's because of sweat, same as the yellow on the analog stick. Either wipe your DS clean after playing for more than a hour or so or stop complaining. Sweat oxidizes metal and metallic paint is even more prone to it, so it gets brittle and peels off. On the other hand, plastic paint like the one on the 2DS never wears off because it doesn't oxidize.

Last edited by ThoD,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The paint layer on me X button and Dpad has cracked.
Paint layer on the Dpad has completely come off tho.
Mostly due to me as I simply peeled it off.

But yes, the 3DS's paint layer is indeed not the best.

Oh, forgot to say, launchday black 3DS.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it something like this?
KT4MFMr.jpg

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a friend that all of his paint peeled off and it looks horrible so he just peeled the test off and now it's a full black n3ds lol.

Sent from my MI 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.