Pailtect Source Restoration help?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gelums, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Gelums
    OP

Gelums GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2016
    United States
    Alright so after successfully doing system transfer downgrade and installing arm9 onto a N3DS, I am stuck on whether I should Restore my Source N3DS and then call nintendo about my NNID to unlink any other consoles or do this before restore? I am on step of Pailtect's guide:

Section VI - Restoring the source 3DS
    1. On the source 3DS, complete initial setup
    2. Do one of the following (or neither if you don’t mind the source 3DS’s NNID being nonfunctional)
      • Do the rest of the sections and then the full guide on the target 3DS, then wait one week, then System Transfer from the target 3DS back to the source 3DS (remember you cannot transfer back from a New 3DS to an Old 3DS)
      • Call Nintendo and tell them you no longer have access to the device that your NNID is linked to (which is the target 3DS in this case), and would like it linked to a different device (which is the source 3DS in this case)
    3. Reboot the source 3DS while holding Start to launch Hourglass9
    4. Go to SysNAND Backup/Restore and restore SysNAND from NAND.bin
    I am not sure if I need to restore my 3DS first and then wait 7 days or call nintendo for my NNID back or do this before restore?

2. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    Restore with hourglass9 then call Nintendo or call Nintendo then restore in hourglass9. Don't think it'll make a difference.

I'm guessing you transferred o3ds to n3ds?
    Because otherwise just wait a week and you don't need to even call Nintendo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Gelums
    OP

Gelums GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2016
    United States
    I am transferred N3DS XL to N3DS and now trying to transfer back, I called Nintendo and they worked it out. I waited 24 hrs and I got an email to sign back in so I then restored the system, but now when I try to get into the settings I get "You cannot use this Nintendo Network ID on this system" great..

4. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    Press X + Y when the error comes up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk