OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Eurogamer: Let's talk about E3. Who would you rather be: Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony?

Michael Pachter: It really depends on this 3DS and how good it is, because I don't think Nintendo has anything else. Nintendo is on the verge of - certainly not dropping into third place or anything - losing its dominance, because I really truly believe that Sony Move is the Wii HD. I really believe it. That's been my quote: I told everyone a Wii HD was coming this year, it just happens to say PS3 on the box. It is the Wii HD.

Source

OH LAWD

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
The PS3 move is going to have a whole bunch of shovelware party games made on the cheap?

ME NO THINK SO.
Already happening.

Can't wait to see Ninjabread Man hit this thing
wub.gif

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This guy seems full of it. The WiiHD it isn't, and never will be. It'll only ever be a limited subset of the PS3's market that have any interest in paying all that additional money on top of the console and games (which can't be pirated, so they've gotta be buying them) for the motion control... a feature which so many PS3 fanboys decried as a "shitty gimmick" for a hell of a long time.

Any PS3 game which makes use of the motion controls will also, undoubtedly, feature a traditional control alternative as well; and I think that's what most people will be using.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fear in the hearts of nintendo fanboys is actually quite precious whenever anything Move shows up. I love it. Im buying Move and NATAL day 1. Very excited to see everything they have to offer at E3. Maybe when a lot of you kids grow up, you'll appreciate competition.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
The fear in the hearts of nintendo fanboys is actually quite precious whenever anything Move shows up. I love it. Im buying Move and NATAL day 1. Very excited to see everything they have to offer at E3. Maybe when a lot of you kids grow up, you'll appreciate competition.
I'd consider myself equally Nintendo and Sony fanboy nowadays and even i would admit that Sony is full of shit. Move IS a motion plus ripoff and just because your system has a certain kind of controller, it does not automatically make the games good. That's some ignorance to assume that. I really love PS1 and PS2, but Sony is seriously beginning to fail with them ripping off hardware they just two years ago flame to death as being a gimmick. Hypocrisy is quite hilarious here. Pretending it's better than the Wiimote too. And i don't see any fear in the Nintendo fanboys, they realize how ridiculous it is. It's more annoying on Sony's part since all they can do nowadays is bash the competitors for doing something and then stealing the idea and pretend it's better.
rolleyes.gif

There's nothing wrong with competition when done right. But there's a difference between competing and ripping something off when you spent all your time invalidating the technology itself. I'm with Guild who said when you have to market your product as a competitor's, there's something seriously wrong. And then you have to again remember that just a few years ago, they were trying to ridicule motion control as a gimmick that only kids like. Nice business practices there...
rofl.gif

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
quepaso said:
I'd consider myself equally Nintendo and Sony fanboy nowadays and even i would admit that Sony is full of shit. Move IS a motion plus ripoff and just because your system has a certain kind of controller, it does not automatically make the games good. That's some ignorance to assume that. I really love PS1 and PS2, but Sony is seriously beginning to fail with them ripping off hardware they just two years ago flame to death as being a gimmick. Hypocrisy is quite hilarious here. Pretending it's better than the Wiimote too. And i don't see any fear in the Nintendo fanboys, they realize how ridiculous it is. It's more annoying on Sony's part since all they can do nowadays is bash the competitors for doing something and then stealing the idea and pretend it's better.
rolleyes.gif

I'm with Guild who said when you have to market your product as a competitor's, there's something seriously wrong. And then you have to again remember that just a few years ago, they were trying to ridicule motion control as a gimmick that only kids like. Nice business practices there...
rofl.gif

One system can be upgraded to do what the other does, one cannot. You cannot release a update to make the wii into a HD gaming system, with lossless sound, 3d capability, hdmi out, blu-ray player and more. You can bring motion controls to the PS3 and get it all. That is the difference.

Again, we don't know anything about the move other then its insanely accurate and that it can track you in 3d space, which is impossible on the wii due to no camera. We'll see after E3 what there really is in store for us, but im excited to see whats coming. If you think that Move is just a wii remote ripoff, then you've already decided your opinion without even trying it. Which is what ignorant people do. Which is what 99.9% of GBATemp consists of.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignorance is what Sony does, which is- bash new technology, steal new tech once it proves to be profitable, and then proceed to continue bashing the competition tech pretending it's better. All sources point towards Move not being nearly as accurate as they claim. I fully intend to try it of course, but there's no denying what kind of crap Sony pulls. I suggest trying to understand a product yourself before accusing other people of making judgement calls, you're not acting any better as you have no proof that it's as accurate as people say. There's more proof it isn't from the videos we've seen. Motion Plus can track your movements in 3D space, it just has a different way of doing so.

Here's just a sample of the kind of ignorance of Sony and their developers- http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=123...comment-section

And ontopic- this is actually Pachter's attempt to cover his statement when he predicted that there would be a Wii HD system this year. He twisted what he said around to validate his false prediction. Just telling people who don't know what's going on.

As for the HD stuff, that basically depends on the person's idea of what a game console is. But you probably could upgrade the Wii to play 3D games, HDMI outputs, or even a bluray player. But it's clear what you feel "makes" a gaming system, not the games, but the graphics. I'll say it again, just because your console now has a controller from a competitor doesn't mean the developers can take proper advantage or it. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But there's a good reason no one should get excited over ANY system or peripheral before they've seen how it's used. I'm a huge handheld person, but even i don't buy a system before it's proven itself in the GAME aspect.

Here's a quick tip quepaso- don't accuse everyone of being ignorant here and making wild statistical accusations. That's a good way to get yourself in trouble here and make yourself look like a complete idiot. I've seen it happen and it never ends well. Just some friendly advice, up to you to use it or not. Nice try though with alienating yourself from the rest of the site, keep it up if your goal is to be hated.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Law said:
Sony really are the best around.
using stolen tech
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(quepaso @ May 13 2010, 06:47 AM) Im buying Move and NATAL day 1. Very excited to see everything they have to offer at E3. Maybe when a lot of you kids grow up, you'll appreciate competition..
maybe when you get your fanboy thick head out of sonys ass you'll realize sony is doing this with move because they are desperate. their losing billions with each ps3 sale and so their desperately trying to tap into nintendos casual market (M$ too) well guess what it won't work cos ps3 games are twice as expensive to develop for and most of the casual companies can't be bothered to waste $ to put their games on it that's why they develop for the wii cos it's cheap. i'm gonna laugh my ass off when all you fools buy this and realize that all it's gonna be used in is sonys line of party, family casual games and maybe a lame generic shooter or 2!! have fun with them!!
38650_lmao.gif

as for that fucktard He's not even a game's Journalist. He's a tech analyst for some completely random company. How the FUCK does he deserve an opinion on something he knows so little about. I wouldn't give two shits if Michael Pachter died. In fact, I welcome it. His family would be put out of their misery as well as us gamers, from his fucking ridiculous viewpoints.

Die Pachter... Actually go and die. No one will miss you.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony is the laughing stock of the industry.

The core audience that made the Wii a success wont give a shit about Move. Not only that they'll greet the device with hostility, as is often the case with a rip off product.

People will see move in the store and think "oh so its just like the wii" and then they'll turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
He's a tech analyst for some completely random company. How the FUCK does he deserve an opinion on something he knows so little about. I wouldn't give two shits if Michael Pachter died. In fact, I welcome it. His family would be put out of their misery as well as us gamers, from his fucking ridiculous viewpoints.

You're some random guy on a forum, how the fuck do you deserve an opinion? I wouldn't give two shits if you died. In fact, I would welcome it. Other GBAtemp members would be put out of their misery as well as real gamers from your fucking ridiculous viewpoints.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
RupeeClock said:
The PS3 move is going to have a whole bunch of shovelware party games made on the cheap?

ME NO THINK SO.

Let's say:

- All Wii games (not from Nintendo or with characters of Nintendo in it) gets ported to Move.
- 1st to jump on the wagon will be (like you said) all the shovelware games.

Time to get Ps3 descent hacked to get all the shovelware on HDD to play
biggrin.gif
(héhé)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte