Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pac_man_galaga_dimensions_logo.jpg

QUOTE said:
On that point, I’ve looked all over, even going so far as to ask a Namco Bandai representative, and it doesn’t seem like there’s a way to erase the game data. This caused mild controversy last month when it was found that Capcom’s 3DS game Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D had a similar perma-save, which seems to be aimed at killing off the secondhand market.

This could be annoying for Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions owners because the game features an ersatz Achievements system, in which you are rewarded for accomplishing goals in the four remade games (the arcade originals, Championship, and another Xbox Live port called Galaga Legions). I’m a fan of the idea, not the execution, since you can’t delete the awards and start over.
More about the game in the source.
icon11.gif
Source

Again? Really? I was going to buy it too.
closedeyes.gif

Other news get the 3DS for $198.Link Link

D

Deleted_171835

While this isn't much of a problem as Pacman (and Galaga) are arcade-style games, I don't agree with this whole phenomenon of not allowing people to erase save data.

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope Nintendo realizes how STUPID this "feature" is, and somewhere in the future makes an update to let us erase the save data in game cartridges using the System Settings application.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spidey_BR said:
I hope Nintendo realizes how STUPID this "feature" is, and somewhere in the future makes an update to let us erase the save data in game cartridges using the System Settings application.
You do know this isn't made Nintendo right?

And I doubt they try this with their games.

QUOTE(deathking @ Jul 27 2011, 10:52 PM) Another good game with this stupid save protection
another reason not to buy a 3ds.
i just wish they did the no save reset on zelda .

Because there no other system with stupid stuff in the games?

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Capcom pretty much stated it was only done as it was quicker to get the game out, didn't they? And they were so confident in it's replay-ability they thought no-one would care.
Is this some very pre-emptive anti-piracy, using a new and terrible save type?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Spidey_BR said:
You do know this isn't made Nintendo right?

And I doubt they try this with their games.

QUOTE(deathking @ Jul 27 2011, 10:52 PM) Another good game with this stupid save protection
another reason not to buy a 3ds.
i just wish they did the no save reset on zelda .

Because there no other system with stupid stuff in the games?

Try reading a little harder... He's not saying it's nintendo's fault that companies are doing this, he said he hopes Nintendo releases a system update that allows for reinitializing 3DS save files of ANY game... which should be possible, we already have homebrew that does that on the regular DS.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shuji1987 said:
What Moose just said, the saves are eraseable through a button combination. Just a case of miscommunication.

Yes it works by holding ABYXLR while booting the game. I tried it on my copy. Though I bought the game before I knew the code anyways. It is a good game. I've played it for 10 Hrs 42 minutes so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)