Own NDS rom

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by justalwin, Oct 23, 2014.

1. justalwin
    OP

justalwin Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zwolle
    Hello guys! im new here but i wanted to ask you if you would help me with coding a own nds rom.
    I can't code anything, so i need help! I already got a plan for the game! I wanted to make a rpg with special fighting abilities, I already have dsgamemaker. but, like i said, i dont know anything of coding. Can anyone help me??? your (alias,nickname,real name whatever you like) is going to be in the rom.

2. Crisp Cookie

Crisp Cookie GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2013
    Belgium
  3. YoshiInAVoid

YoshiInAVoid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Banned
    Jan 10, 2011
    If you want to use DS Game Maker; it would be more appropriate to ask for help on the DS Game Maker forum.

Additionally, DS Game Maker is currently being completely reprogrammed from the ground up with modern technologies such as HTML 5 for the application, and a new library called dsgmLib to replace PAlib.

This new version is far superior to the current version, the library itself is far easier to program in for beginners since it completely handles OAM for you (sprite numbers, palette numbers and rotation sets are all taken care of), you just set a property of an object instance (for example me->x) and OAM is automatically updated with the new value every frame.

Additionally, it supports exciting new features which no version of DS Game Maker has ever supported before including local DS to DS multiplayer (known as NiFi) and 3D. The library has several demos for you to try out while waiting for release. My current favorite demo is the Mario Kart one, but there are other demos which you can try out here.

It is called DS Game Maker Zero and will come out some time in 2015, hopefully.

4. justalwin
    OP

justalwin Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zwolle
    Thnx guys! (i dont know where you're talking about yoshi)

Too difficult for me

YoshiInAVoid likes this.
  5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    That's not very promising. If you want to make your own game, then you are going to have to take the time to learn how to do so. No one is going to make your game, the best we do is point you in the right direction. There are several guides out there showing how to start , now it's time to learn, because no one, other than you can do that for you.

6. YoshiInAVoid

YoshiInAVoid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Banned
    Jan 10, 2011
    I promise you, when DS Game Maker Zero comes out, it will be the easiest way for a beginner to start making simple DS homebrew games.

7. Reddeh

Reddeh Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2014
    Gonna pop in and say, as soon as DS Game Maker Zero comes out, I think I'll dive into making homebrew DS games, as those features definitely sound promising.

YoshiInAVoid likes this.
  8. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland