Homebrew Question Overclocking Switch Lite

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The kernel doesn't control clockspeeds in HOS. They're controlled by the pcv sysmodule iirc, someone would have modify or reimplement that.

https://gitlab.com/switchroot/kerne...-rel32/drivers/soc/tegra/tegra210-dvfs.c#L537
https://gitlab.com/switchroot/kerne...-rel32/drivers/soc/tegra/tegra210-dvfs.c#L810
Thanks for the info. Most of my SoC overclocking info is from my stint in Android kernel hacking (all pre-Android 8, when they did something similar and offloaded a lot of this from the kernel).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. Most of my SoC overclocking info is from my stint in Android kernel hacking (all pre-Android 8, when they did something similar and offloaded a lot of this from the kernel).

Ye. HOS is microkernel OS, so pretty much everything is like this actually. The only thing that runs in EL1 is the kernel itself, which mainly just has some process management stuff and some other basic stuff afaict and is <800kb. Everything else (drivers, filesystem shit, etc) is thrown in userland and runs on CPU3.
It's pretty cool imo :P

Edit: oh, and the secure monitor is also fairly basic, mostly just providing some crypto functions and hardware information from fuses and whatever.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

CappDog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So hey, sys-clk does work on SX OS then? As you know, Switch Lites only run SX OS (afaik) and the link in the first page mentions atmosphere. I'd love to try it on games which have a ton of slowdown.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So hey, sys-clk does work on SX OS then? As you know, Switch Lites only run SX OS (afaik) and the link in the first page mentions atmosphere. I'd love to try it on games which have a ton of slowdown.
Well, seeing as these guys who tested my sys-clk mod(s) were using Switch Lites, I'd say "yeah, probably" :P

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have been using overclocking on Switch Lite for over a month now. My how-to instruction with link on necessary files.
P.s. Instruction on RUS, sorry, my English is to awful.
upd. Oops, cannot use links, because my account to young. Sorry.

CappDog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have been using overclocking on Switch Lite for over a month now. My how-to instruction with link on necessary files.
P.s. Instruction on RUS, sorry, my English is to awful.
upd. Oops, cannot use links, because my account to young. Sorry.

I would've loved some help into making sys-clk work on my Lite too. I'm quite the newbie and the official sys-clk Github only mentions atmosphere installation, not SX OS. Could you message me if it's not too much trouble? :)

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would've loved some help into making sys-clk work on my Lite too. I'm quite the newbie and the official sys-clk Github only mentions atmosphere installation, not SX OS. Could you message me if it's not too much trouble? :)

Just download the official sys-clk from the thread and follow the instructions. Easy as that.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sys-clk-under-overclocking-sysmodule.531372/

Also you can use the fps counter (https://gbatemp.net/threads/nx-fps-saltynx-plugin-collecting-fps-data.559065/) with Tesla overlay (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tesla-the-nintendo-switch-overlay-menu.557362/)

Last edited by mattyxarope,

CappDog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Thanks! I actually had done all that except for the overlay, so I wasn't really sure if sys-clk was running, but I did notice the difference when I tried some games out.

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I didnt remove the big metal, i just removed the big pile of junk that is preventing from proper cooling, and the console is working perfect so far.
Either its needed or not, its far more effective when you OC and your steady at 50 C
my lite 50c maks when full oc, i think i dont need to remove the shield

Tembokbesi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Zach modified sys-clk so it can run the GPU at 921mhz while on battery mode, which you can normally only run a max of half that on battery mode (462mhz). With his mod you can run 921mhz whether you're plugged in or on battery.

Tested on a Switch light, but should theoretically work on any Mariko based device. View attachment 223343

So this is remove limiter gpu freq on battery mode? It mean we can use high gpu freq on battery while not plug in charge?

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I want to post my overclocking mod, but looks like i need 5 messages for opening threads... This is third message. 2 to go.

kaiji14294

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I want to post my overclocking mod, but looks like i need 5 messages for opening threads... This is third message. 2 to go.
Can i overclock my switch lite (picofly) ?
I need help please
Post automatically merged:

Can i overclock my switch lite (picofly) ?
I need help please

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, I've never seen you in a while. How's that game getting on?
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.