chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I finished my teaser trailer and submitted it to Newgrounds. I can't say I'm very proud of it, though. Right now it has a 2.21 out of 5
cry.gif

And the one person who wrote a review gave it a 5/10 and said it was too short. It's a teaser!

From what I've seen and now experienced on Newgrounds, if it's short, it's gonna do bad. Heck, here's the definition of "Teaser Trailer":

"Teasers, unlike typical theatrical trailers, are usually very short in length (between 30–60 seconds) and usually contain little, if any, actual footage from the film. Sometimes, it is merely a truncated version of a theatrical trailer. They are usually released long in advance of the film they advertise. One of the reasons for the name "teaser" is because they are shown usually a long time (one or one and a half years) before the movie comes out, so as to "tease" the audience." --Wikipedia

30 seconds. That's what I did. Little to do with the movie (or in this case, series). That's what I did. Released it one year ahead of the first episode. Well, jeez, I hope not
blink.gif

Anyway, here it is
frown.gif

Empire of Steel TEASER

Be honest. Did I really do a bad job?
frown.gif

I'll get back to working on Ep. 1 ASAP, but today I have classes then work till 11PM. blegh...
hate2.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
no offense, but well it's short because you've just basically got 1 image, then a black screen with some text.
so no longer how many seconds you stick to the initial image/scene, it's still gonna be short.
besides the background noise is repetitive - always the same, so I got that feeling too.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Costello said:
no offense, but well it's short because you've just basically got 1 image, then a black screen with some text.
so no longer how many seconds you stick to the initial image/scene, it's still gonna be short.
besides the background noise is repetitive - always the same, so I got that feeling too.
Darn it costy, you beat me ;_;. Anyway it would be nice if there was slightly more going on, all I noticed was a repetitive loop and then near the end I saw some object that wasn't that visible or distinguishable and then an ending. If you changed up the loop slightly and the sound it would be much more pleasant and also making that ufo clearer and more noticable.

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! All I wanted was more feedback. Only one person reviewed it, and the only people I know in real life that have said anything are my roomates.

They don't know what Flash is though, so they thought it was cool. Thus I don't think they're a good source for reviews
wink2.gif

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's not bad. Just something with slightly more action, and less repetitive sounds. The explosions sound exactly the same --> plus I really dislike the siren noise - maybe have one big explosion, then the siren sounding a little bit, then fading out as a series of smaller explosions happen?

I dunno. I suck at flash, so you've done a good job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end