Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Finally, I tried.

Sucessfully downgrade sysnand to 2.1 on n3DS.
But I've got a kind of infinite bootloop when trying to boot Cubic Ninja. (Sky3DS+)

I'm downloading the without Cubic Ninja package right now to try with the browser exploit.
At least, I did not brick my n3DS haha.

EDIT: OTP dumped using Spider!
I'll dump it a second time, just to be sure and then back to the future with 9.2 sysnand backup.

EDIT2: Back to 9.2
Worked flawlessly. Thank you for that amazing guide.

Time to compile the thing.

Last edited by Ekaitz,
Reactions: FenrirWolf

Tieracloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask a question on what exactly changed from a year ago to now in terms of injecting your emunand to sysnand. If I recall correctly it was a rule that you never inject your emunand.bin to your sysnand as many said it will cause a brick. So what changed here in these OTP times that allows it?

And I did read the guide but this is more of a why does it work now question. And does it matter if the emunand was created by the gateway menu? Or would you suggest I start over and use emunandtool to make a fresh emunand? I am on old 3ds xl USA.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I ask a question on what exactly changed from a year ago to now in terms of injecting your emunand to sysnand. If I recall correctly it was a rule that you never inject your emunand.bin to your sysnand as many said it will cause a brick. So what changed here in these OTP times that allows it?

And I did read the guide but this is more of a why does it work now question. And does it matter if the emunand was created by the gateway menu? Or would you suggest I start over and use emunandtool to make a fresh emunand? I am on old 3ds xl USA.
You should never inject an emunand that was updated through Gateway.

LennartL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
one question here section IV
  1. Reinsert your SD card and go to http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3ds.
  2. After Decrypt9 has loaded, follow the options on the main menu to restore your sysNAND and your emuNAND from NAND.bin and emuNAND.bin respectively.

1. am i supossed to wait until decrypt9 loads or what when i type in that link the screen just flashes to dump OTP.bin one more time please help
one more how do someone recomend to start decrypt 9 browserhax doesnt seems to work on 2.1

Last edited by LennartL,

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one question here section IV
  1. Reinsert your SD card and go to http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3ds.
  2. After Decrypt9 has loaded, follow the options on the main menu to restore your sysNAND and your emuNAND from NAND.bin and emuNAND.bin respectively.

1. am i supossed to wait until decrypt9 loads or what when i type in that link the screen just flashes to dump OTP.bin one more time please help
one more how do someone recomend to start decrypt 9 browserhax doesnt seems to work on 2.1
Copy the Section IV files and replace the arm11.bin that is already on the SD card like the guide instructs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pretty sure it's another chip.
OTP stands for One Time Programmable and the NAND... isn't.
It's in NAND, it just cannot be read from. Read the abstract for more info.

I honestly have no idea since I don't own a Gateway for testing.

The guide has been updated to have a better New 3DS unbrick script and no longer requires python. It also now supports Mac!

Reactions: dkabot

LennartL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok did find the files arm9 and 11 in section iv files but decrypt9 is not loading up
the browser is frezze so have to hold power button to reboot

Last edited by LennartL,

Tieracloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy the Section IV files and replace the arm11.bin that is already on the SD card like the guide instructs.

It's in NAND, it just cannot be read from. Read the abstract for more info.

I honestly have no idea since I don't own a Gateway for testing.

The guide has been updated to have a better New 3DS unbrick script and no longer requires python. It also now supports Mac!

Maybe you might want to modify the guide to under the prerequisites then as I think that may be causing some bricks some have had. The part that got me thinking about this was when it said you must have a working emunand. And then as you read through the steps this emunand eventually gets loaded into sysnand.

However, if its true that gateway emunand that were updated with the gateway launcher makes these emunand partitions unusable for this OTP process than it would be good to say that you must have a emunand setup other than through gateway. For myself and others I know that we used gateway and updated through their cart and then eventually moved over to custom firmware.

Just my 2cents to make it even safer.

Tieracloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I been reading from the beginning and might have missed passed revisions of how the steps were done. But for Old 3DS users was the guide at one point using sysupdater directly on sysnand to downgrade? I would think that would be the easiest way. Or is downgrading on emunand to 2.1 then injecting to sysnand suppose to be safer?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I been reading from the beginning and might have missed passed revisions of how the steps were done. But for Old 3DS users was the guide at one point using sysupdater directly on sysnand to downgrade? I would think that would be the easiest way. Or is downgrading on emunand to 2.1 then injecting to sysnand suppose to be safer?
It's much safer. If sysupdater crashes, I'd be on emunand, so there's less of a brick chance that way, plus D9 is a better way of writing to sysNAND then going the direct route since D9 is more stable and, from what I can tell, more reliable. Doesn't mean that you have a 100% chance of not bricking, but you have a better chance of it not. Just because something is easier doesn't mean it's the best.

Reactions: klear and Skaterdie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5