OTP Guide

By Plailect, Feb 16, 2016 184,054 2,400 66

1. grafate

grafate GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think the guide changed a bit here and there in the last 24 hours. I want to give my input as I tested the guide with a hardmodded N3DS XL and initally after using OTPhelper to unbrick the 2.1 emunand I recall the guide saying use decrypt9 after. That was a no go as it will not do a complete inject emunand to sysnand. After restoring I just used OTPhelper for all steps and it did it fine. I meant to give this feedback yesterday but see it is already corrected.

2. Hyura

Hyura GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Does this apply only for the New 3DS?

3. Plailect

OP Plailect GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    In your backup there will be 2 folders in "Nintendo 3DS", in your SD card there will be 3. You can delete the third one that isn't in the backup folder.

Lamato likes this.
  4. uribemaster

uribemaster GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey guys so i did everything to a tee but when trying to boot into emundand, i get an infinite bootloop. Idk if it is because emunand has menuhax but how can i remove it if i can't boot into it. I also tried booting into homebrew browser and no dice

5. boymatkieng

boymatkieng Member
    Newcomer

I had successful get otp from New 3DS XL and I continue to get it in my 2DS but i am stuck in tiny format emunand.
    Can a 2DS system downgrade to 2.1 and not stuck in 3d mode active ?

Sorry for my bad language. Thanks.

6. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    2 tries, and always get a bricked N3DS (hardmodded)
    doing my 3th run now, but with a full clean sysnand and a clean emunand and a new SD
    (New SD, formatted sysnand, created emunand with Gateway menu, updated emunand to 10.6, tinyformatted etc...)
    atm, fixing bricked emunand with OTP, hope this time it works out fine.

[EDIT]
    - Yes it worked ;)
    (still 2 N3DSXL systems to go :/ , but i'll do the extra steps to start from a clean sysnand and clean emunand)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  7. moghedien

moghedien GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Trying on my N3DS XL and I made it to Part 4, Section II, Step 22/23.
    My SysNAND boots but as soon as the home menu icons finish loading I get an error message saying:
    Am I boned?

Edit: Seems like it crashes when it's about to display the Health & Safety icon, maybe it's an issue with the injected FBI? Either way, I can't seem to launch anything before it crashes so I guess it's ruined :(

Edit 2: The recovery was working so I tried updating to 10.6 and now it wont boot at all, just a black screen. Guess I'll have to attempt a hard mod.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  8. uribemaster

uribemaster GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok so i restored a nand vackup and removed menuhax on both nands and still get an infinite bootloop. Any help?

9. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    I would say, create a new fresh emunand from sysnand and try again

10. uribemaster

uribemaster GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well it seems like the guide has been updated to upgraded sysnand. Did that tutorial and it worked. Thanks !

11. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Netherlands
    So to anyone who is trying out step 5, I would like to note that if you don't want a perma SysNAND hax, but have an guaranteed EmuNAND, you can go into older revisions of the pages to use that guide instead (note that these are pages for when the guides were still separated, so don't choose the wrong one!):
    I am not responsible if these guides brick your 3ds, shoot your wife or burn your house down.

If this guide bricks your wife, shoots your house and burns your 3ds, you are doing it right. :P

12. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    Well i like to say, for those on a NON modded N3DS(XL)
    It doesn't hurt to do the extra steps of running your bricked emunand through the old script to fix it,
    then compare it with your emunand that OTPHelper fixed before flashing it to sysnand.
    Would i have done this the first time, i didn't had to do everything 3 times (luckily hardmodded)

So it would be a good thing that the unbrick script from the old guide was still available on the guide.

13. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

United States
    ill prob catch hell for this but i think it was a bad idea to have the guide make people use the sysnand from the get go. i think it should have stuck with the emunand and then shown them the guide for swapping nands if they want. more and more people seem to be having issue with the new guide using the sysnand

BloodRose, ihaveamac and Manuel9181 like this.
  14. calebsw

calebsw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did you ever figure out what was going on here? I want to upgrade to a9lh, but I don't want to switch to sysnand cfw if it means sacrificing all the streetpass data I've been accumulating.

15. Kenchansyd

Kenchansyd Member
    Newcomer

Part 5:
    42. Reboot, then open Decrypt9 from arm9loaderhax by holding X on boot, then go to "SysNAND File Options", then select the "Dump Health & Safety" option

Seaching title "Health&Safety (N3DS)"...
    Method 1: Search in title.db
    Method 2: Search in file system...
    Failed!
    Health&Safety Dump: Failed!

Press B to return, START to reboot.

Any Ideas guys???

16. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Make sure you have the key files (slot0x05KeyY.bin, slot0x11key96.bin, slot0x25keyX.bin) in the root of your SD card. They are required for Decrypt9 to actually decrypt things.

17. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    While dumping another OTP, I was lamenting not having the OTP 0x108 on my personal 3DS. I decided to take a look at the extra 8 bytes that are new from the regular OTP dump. Is it really this simple?

otp-0x108.png

18. Hat_Man

Hat_Man Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Went through and successfully completed this.

There's a weird side-issue that I thought I'd mention though: None of the tools recognise emuNAND or sysNAND dumps that have been set to read only by Windows/OSX unless you set them back to read/write. I was setting all my dumps to be backed up as read-only for obvious reasons. :)

19. TBreaker

TBreaker Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    1. How do I know my EmuNand was downgraded succesfully when I can't even boot it with CFW?
    I don't want it to somehow beeing bricked without knowing that. I'm on O3DS 9.2.0 btw.
    2. Should I restore my SysNand directly from 2.1.0 or can I do a cart update to 7.1.0 first?
    So, if I repeat each step from 27 - 32 I end up having an EmuNand without initialized dbs, because last step is formating, right? Or should I initialize though?

20. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    1 unfortunately you don't
    2 restore sysnand directly from 2.1 you do it in otp helper which you will already have open.
    3 yes you should initialize again

TBreaker likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Guide,