Hacking Other games?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are emulators that will play NES and SNES games. For more information: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=70364

The DS can already play GBA games, but you'll need a slot2 GBA expansion cart such as the EZFlash 3-in-1 to do it. With the official firmware, you'll also need GBA ExpLoader available in the download section to play GBA games stored on your slot1 microSD card.

YSMenu (an alterantive menu for the DSTT and a few other carts) can run a GBA game on a slot2 GBA expansion cart without needing a loader such as GBA ExpLoader. Similarly, YSMenu will launch NES and SNES games directly into an emulator if you have one on your microSD card (with the official firmware, you just run the emulator and select the NES or SNES game you want to play).

-Bri

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
I use Lameboy for GB/GBC games like Pokemon Crystal.
Looks like spamming for postcount.
Which from your count and join date, seems like you must do a lot.

Also, yes. You will need a seperate Slot 2 card/expansion for GBA.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Lord_Zake said:
So the only way of playing GBA games is to have de expansion thing?

Yes, to play GBA games on a DS you need a slot-2 (GBA) flash cart.
You cannot run them with a slot-1 cart (DSTT etc) alone.

The DS has both GBA and DS modes. Slot-1 carts like the DSTT can only run games/emulators in DS mode.
The DS does not have the power to emulate GBA games (like the PSP can using an emulator named gpSP) in DS mode, so you need a slot-2 (GBA) flash cart.

Lord_Zake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if a shall start new tread but i have a question. I have downloaded the Snes emulator but when i try to play Final fantasy V och goes to the menu there is no text. How can that be fixed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...