Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
EfzaaZ5.png

Looking at osu!'s popularity, I decided to set up a Osu! thread *mainly* for GBAtemp members to have arrange multiplayer room and discuss about the game.
If you've been living under a rock for the past few months, and don't know what osu! is, you can read up on it on the following sites: The official site, official wiki, official forums and of course on Wikipedia.

We also have presence on irc(consisting of only me atm) at #osu!gbatemp.net. You may want to check out the IRC Guide or use mibbit.

Post your Gbatemp username / Osu! usersame below in the post.
This is totally not taken from Fredrica Bernkastel's minecraft thread.

If you want to see if any of the players are online , Press f9 and search for the username in the search bar.
If you want to play multiplayer , just create a room named GBAtemp and password as p1ngpong (if you want). :tpi:

NOTE: Pleyers won't be notified if you've added them as friend or not, so add them as friend first and then throw a PM in game to let them know you've added them.

Players:​
Chhotu uttam / Chhotu uttam
YayMii / YayMii
Katsumi San / KatsumiSenpai
machomuu / machomuu
Arras / Arras
Devin / pap3rmoon
FrozenIndignation / FrozenIndignation
Hydreigon / Lightningshy
ilman / Ilmanfordinner
weavile001 / weavile001
whyyes / tsundoll
blindfoldedchaos / blindfoldedkaos
Sean on Fire / S34NY
SOP / dantho
Super Vegito / Super Vegito
Silverthorn / Myrwynn
Jurassicplayer/ Jurassicplayer
Countbisquit / Oneesama
earlynovfan / earlynovfan
Depravo / Depravo
Species8472 / Species8472
GamerzHell9137 / GamerzHell9137
magsor / magsor
Joe88 / Joe88
DJPlace / DJPlace
DarkShinigami / Darkshinigami1
Xexyz / Xexyz
Maxlwin536 / UbuntuTheOS
king_leo / king_leo
Bently / Syclasm
Langin / Minaaahhh
Enchilada / thebogdan2000
"Rhythm is just a click away"

:arrow: Osu!
:arrow: Beatmap packs

Reactions: Margen67

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm completely obsessed with this game. It has influenced my gaming setup (went through 3 mice, spent tons of time researching and settled on a mouse w/ a near-flawless sensor, and got a new mousepad, a bigger desk to go with the mousepad, a mechanical MX Brown keyboard, good headphones, a drawing tablet, etc), and I still continue to play a lot (too much actually; nearly 95% of my free time is spent on osu! instead of other games). My profile link's in my sig.

YayMii / YayMii

Oh, and BTW, osu! does have an official Minecraft server.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used to play this but was frightened away by an absurdly difficult rendition of 'You are a Pirate'. Maybe I'll give it another go...

Species8472

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a long time since I played it for more than a few minutes at a time. But it seems its been over 4 and a half years since I first found out about it! May as well add that my name on Osu! is the same as on here.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh hey, I play this occasionally. Both regular mode and Taiko.
I used to play this but was frightened away by an absurdly difficult rendition of 'You are a Pirate'. Maybe I'll give it another go...
I dunno how difficult that one was, but yeah there are some near impossible maps. Just play the ones that you CAN play (or that are just slightly too hard) and you'll improve slowly :P
Also, best beatmap ever: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/29371 (do not actually try playing this)

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for this. Never heard of it before now. I always have tought we should have a forum section dedicated to PC games so we can talk of gems like this one.
How do you add new levels into the game?? Theres only the tutorial there.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thanks for this. Never heard of it before now. I always have tought we should have a forum section dedicated to PC games so we can talk of gems like this one.

You download them from the site.
And u can make u own too.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The quality of maps have gone up so much since years ago. I actually quit immediately after making my account in 2009 only to find myself playing it every day since Aug 2012.
Go to the website and click "Beatmaps" to access the available list of songs (Ranked beatmaps are songs with several difficulties, quality-certified by game staff and have leaderboards. Approved beatmaps are also quality-certified and have leaderboards, although they usually only have a single map set at a very high difficulty). There are over 7500 songs to pick from, although a large majority of them are Japanese.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To anybody reading this, here's some helpful tips when playing with the mouse: Minimize your mouse acceleration. Set your Windows cursor speed to 6/11(the middle setting) and turn off 'Enhance pointer precision' (and keep osu mouse speed at 1.0x) to allow for raw input (which will greatly increase your accuracy). Also, the keyboard can act as a substitute for mouse clicking (Z/X is default), which could make things a bit more comfortable.
Does it have gameplay similar to Project Diva? I saw it has Osu and Taiko gameplay style.
Nope. I'm assuming that there are still people who don't know what EBA/Ouendan is, and Project Diva's gameplay is visually the next closest thing.
Oh, and BTW they added a new mode similar to o2mania or IIDX (simply called osu!mania). It's still in its early days though, with only 4-5 ranked songs specifically designed for it (at the time of writing) and the rest being auto-converted from the standard osu! mode.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see a thread on this, Osu is probably the only game I can turn on no matter how I'm feeling and just play. I started playing seriously a few years back and have kept it going since. It's astonishingly become one of my favorite games, and I've probably clocked more hours in it than pretty much anything else.

machomuu/machomuu

Be sure to add me, It's always nice to have more people to play with!

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
To anybody reading this, here's some helpful tips when playing with the mouse: Minimize your mouse acceleration. Set your Windows cursor speed to 6/11(the middle setting) and turn off 'Enhance pointer precision' (and keep osu mouse speed at 1.0x) to allow for raw input (which will greatly increase your accuracy). Also, the keyboard can act as a substitute for mouse clicking (Z/X is default), which could make things a bit more comfortable.
you forgot to mention mouse acceleration fix for windows http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.in/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html :D
You can simply open the .osz file or move them to X:/Program Files/Osu!/Songs .

Also updated the first post with player names and room/pass for multiplayer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: