Original Xbox

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read a few different things around the nets, but it seems like I will need a game to exploit in order to soft mod. I could have sworn I read something awhile back about softmodding with hotswapping but not needing any games.

Is it true? Do I have to go find a copy of one of the exploitable games or can I do this all from my PC?

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I softmodded my xbox a year ago and did the hotswap trick, it required booting your pc into a special type of linux and rapidly disconnecting the xbox hard drive and plugging it into the pc quickly. Not to difficult but definitely not retard-friendly. AFAIK thats the quickest and cheapest method.

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i found my answer already, thanks for the reply. now i want to know how to change the partition size. its a 10gb drive, but the e: partition is only about 3gb. there is an h partition that has about 7gb i want about 4 of those to be on e:. it looks like h is for game saves and dlc? thats just from what i can tell.

any answers are appreciated.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been a long time since I've messed around with an original xbox, but if I remember right, you can't change E. E is a stock partition and the xbox expects it to be a certain size.

Unless it's already been messed around with, there shouldn't even be an H partition on the hdd. Standard drive is C, E, X, Y, Z. C is the dash and similar files, E: is the partition for game saves and dlc and X,Y,Z are cache partitions.

Quick search, shows that memory cards show up as H, so if you've got one of them in, then that's the H partition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)