amemoryoncelost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know what's going on with the PS2, wii, NDS, but have not paid any attention to the xbox. Have done some searching, but it's either from 2003 or hard to tell if they're talking about the 360 or OG.

So question is. I want to run any and all emulators. Any suggestions on mod chip to go with. I'm alright with a little solder work or whatever I need to do. Are there certain consoles that are better than others, I know the wii and PS2 have that issue. Anything else I would need, a certain HDD to install?

Thanks!

amemoryoncelost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason a chip would be better than a soft mod setup? I just want to get this in and not have to worry about stuff later, even if it costs more...

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A modchip IMO makes it easier to swap the HDD (so long as the new drive isn't locked). Plus AFAIK you can break a softmod and render your Xbox unusable, a modchip (unless its dead or a connection breaks) would still be able to boot something allowing you to fix it.

The more expensive modchips can add other bits of hardware, like LCD screens but it can be very costly.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xecuter X3 is the chip I'm getting, has all the bells and whistles. Divineo.com
- Adam

If that's made by Team Xodius/Team DS-X, I'd be wary.

Having a modchip is IMO far better than softmodding. But thats a whole huge debate that would go on forever.
The Xenium chip is Team Xodus. X3 is team Xecuter. X3 is the ONLY chip worth looking at for XBOX. By far it has the most advanced feature set of any of the XBOX chips. It is really a full generation ahead of all other XBOX modchips. Get the front display and IR mod too. Then you'll have an almost fully tricked xbox with little to no hard work(everything plugs together and inter-connects easily.) And X3 is virtually accident-proof(has lots of recovery features).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)