Original XBOX mods

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox' started by amemoryoncelost, Feb 4, 2008.

Feb 4, 2008

Original XBOX mods by amemoryoncelost at 2:36 AM (1,934 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. amemoryoncelost
    OP

Member amemoryoncelost GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know what's going on with the PS2, wii, NDS, but have not paid any attention to the xbox. Have done some searching, but it's either from 2003 or hard to tell if they're talking about the 360 or OG.

So question is. I want to run any and all emulators. Any suggestions on mod chip to go with. I'm alright with a little solder work or whatever I need to do. Are there certain consoles that are better than others, I know the wii and PS2 have that issue. Anything else I would need, a certain HDD to install?

Thanks!

2. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
  3. amemoryoncelost
    OP

Member amemoryoncelost GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there any reason a chip would be better than a soft mod setup? I just want to get this in and not have to worry about stuff later, even if it costs more...

4. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    A modchip IMO makes it easier to swap the HDD (so long as the new drive isn't locked). Plus AFAIK you can break a softmod and render your Xbox unusable, a modchip (unless its dead or a connection breaks) would still be able to boot something allowing you to fix it.

The more expensive modchips can add other bits of hardware, like LCD screens but it can be very costly.

5. aZnXrAvEr

Member aZnXrAvEr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Heres another guide for softmodding:
    "How to Softmod Your Xbox Using XboxHDM (Ndure)":
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=496263

I used this guide to softmod my xbox because it does not require a memory card nor exploitable game; just a computer and a blank CD-R disc for burning.

6. SineWaveAu7

Newcomer SineWaveAu7 Member

Australia
    Xecuter X3 is the chip I'm getting, has all the bells and whistles. Divineo.com
    - Adam

7. sonofx51

Newcomer sonofx51 Member

United States
  8. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    If that's made by Team Xodius/Team DS-X, I'd be wary.

9. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    Having a modchip is IMO far better than softmodding. But thats a whole huge debate that would go on forever.
    The Xenium chip is Team Xodus. X3 is team Xecuter. X3 is the ONLY chip worth looking at for XBOX. By far it has the most advanced feature set of any of the XBOX chips. It is really a full generation ahead of all other XBOX modchips. Get the front display and IR mod too. Then you'll have an almost fully tricked xbox with little to no hard work(everything plugs together and inter-connects easily.) And X3 is virtually accident-proof(has lots of recovery features).