OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hi,
i dont know much on xbox but i will try to be clear
i baught a original xbox,
it boot directely to unleashx game list, no option no setting, nothing to change
it cant read any CD or DVD, i try to launch xcalibur burned but xbox boot to unleashx game list
FTP too cant get access because of password, i tried xbox:xbox
when i connect the hdd to pc i can see the hdd connected in hdd manager of the windows, but i cant browse file with xplore360, error cant find a FATX drive
Any suggestion plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it is softmodded it probably won't see a hard drive when connected to a PC if you also don't unlock it or feed it an EEPROM with the keys in it. Once you have homebrew working again do try to get a copy of your EEPROM (it should be able to be decoded and get the serial on the sticker, do check as some dumpers might dump the virtual EEPROM).
If push comes to shove then you might be able to recreate the unlock thing used by certain approaches to modding the xbox -- it was noted the xbox hard drive is unlocked for a short period during boot so people used to unlock it in the xbox, stick it on a PC and then manipulate files as they needed. Don't go there first though.

At this point if an optical drive from that generation of consoles doesn't have a problem it is more of a surprise. Some versions of the xbox drive only worked with certain types of burned media so make sure it is it not that. Dust covered laser and dirty internals are the usual bets here, however bad laser is also an option.

If you want then there are options for USB loading of things. You will need a small USB drive (2 gigs or less, preferably 512 or 1 gig) and then it is also fussy. You make a USB adapter by cutting into the controller cable and wiring up a USB extension to it (same colour wires to same colour wires, assuming they are the standard. https://pinouts.ru/Slots/USB_pinout.shtml . Leave the yellow wire connected, it is mainly for things like lightguns if memory serves). Such things will also allow you to use an xbox controller on PC if you wanted and left the USB end attached.
I don't know what unleashx has as far as USB loading of programs but it should do something.

As for FTP not working then make sure the password was not changed for some reason, or that FTP was not disabled. If you go to the system option, then settings it should tell you what things are and allow you to enable it or reset the password. What FTP program are you using by the way?

Reactions: Alexander1970

simohamed2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
hi ty for your answer,
the drive work fine, because i tired in another XBOX not modded, harry poter game work fine
i dont have any EPPROM
ip of the xbox shown on my router, and when i press X on uncleashx game list, it show a menu with information that the xbox is connected to router but i cant change anything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo