Gaming Original PAL SSBB disc won't start (black screen) on PAL console

kelnoky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I thought I'd buy a game for a change instead of just playing copies all the time. My SSBB arrived yesterday, I put it into my Wii and wanted to play - the Wii Disc channel showed the logo of SSBB, I pressed on start and then - nothing. Black screen.

I tried changing the Hz, but that didnt help. Wii firmware is the latest, but the game didnt even ask me for an update.
Unfortunately I don't exactly know what modchip I have, since the guy that modded my Wii never told me, and up until now he didn't need to because everything just worked. All I know is that my chip runs the Openwii software.
smile.gif

So, any other ideas on what I can try to get my original SSBB to work?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kelnoky said:
So I thought I'd buy a game for a change instead of just playing copies all the time. My SSBB arrived yesterday, I put it into my Wii and wanted to play - the Wii Disc channel showed the logo of SSBB, I pressed on start and then - nothing. Black screen.

I tried changing the Hz, but that didnt help. Wii firmware is the latest, but the game didnt even ask me for an update.
Unfortunately I don't exactly know what modchip I have, since the guy that modded my Wii never told me, and up until now he didn't need to because everything just worked. All I know is that my chip runs the Openwii software.
smile.gif

So, any other ideas on what I can try to get my original SSBB to work?
if you know it runs openwii surely you can update it? (if there's an openwii update that supports dvd9)
otherwise try the dvd5 version floatin around.. if you can't update then your original won't work I think! Some people use a backup dvd5 to swap, then in the menu or whatnot (not sure when) swap it with another disc? anyhow, should be searchable here and on maxconsole

kelnoky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@anishmg
Both my Wii and the SSBB I bought are PAL, so I don't think I need anything which is NTCS.

@manias
So I just need an update for my chip? Well, I just browsed through their website, and it said the last update was in February and that already supported Dual Layer and I am pretty sure I have that update. Can it be anything else? :|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta get that government cheese one new laptop a year +1