Hacking Original Guide

spanner123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I respectfully suggest that the original guide is put back on the first page as it was simply the best. As a complete noob I had no problems with it and now since it has gone there seems to be lots of people having problems.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The only reason many people have problems is due the new DOP-IOS MOD
The Trucha bug restoring steps seem to fail for many people for some reason

spanner123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe some files have been updated but the method has not and the older files still work perfectly as I used them today.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The method has been updated too

the old one uses:
  • Trucha Bug restorer (for the TBR steps)
  • AnyTitleDelter (for the stub IOS steps)
while the new method uses DOP-IOS MOD for both of those
if you go to the CompleteSoftmodGuide, you see that this DOP-IOS MOD is also used to patch the System menu IOS and Install the System menu (previously done by Wad manager)

Thats 3 2 apps less to use for the same steps, so we choose to use DOP-IOS MOD

The only problem we still have is the faulty TBR in DOP-IOS MOD

spanner123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
spanner123 said:
Maybe some files have been updated but the method has not and the older files still work perfectly as I used them today.
Which guide is this exactly?

The giude which was on page 1 of this thread 'Modify any Wii 4.2 & below, aka the simplistic mod'

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
spanner123 said:
Fair enough! But 3 less apps for the same amount of steps and a load more problems. Is it worth it?
yes when the program is working properly more testing should have been done before adding to the guide

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The only reason you find it the "best" guide is because its a simple point-and-click guide

It just tells you what to open, or even what to press at every moment you have to press something.
You don't even need to know where to get the files (or why you're getting them) since they're all in one package, ready to be used.

If that's your definition of "best guide", then thats your opinion, but to me a guide has to be more than that.

Anyway, once DOP-IOS MOD is fixed and xzxero updates his guide with the real steps, it'll be that "simple" point and click guide once again.

@longtom1: I did test the new DOP-IOS MOD before I added it in the CSG and it worked fine for me, so I added it.
xzxero then saw that it was out and added it as well. The problem was only that he did NOT test it, and added the wrong steps (he just copied the old TBR steps, which are slightly different). So thats why his steps don't work with the new DOP-IOS MOD

spanner123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
The only reason you find it the "best" guide is because its a simple point-and-click guide

It just tells you what to open, or even what to press at every moment you have to press something.
You don't even need to know where to get the files (or why you're getting them) since they're all in one package, ready to be used.

If that's your definition of "best guide", then thats your opinion, but to me a guide has to be more than that.

Anyway, once DOP-IOS MOD is fixed and xzxero updates his guide with the real steps, it'll be that "simple" point and click guide once again.

Yes exactly what noobs want, you can find out what & why later!!
Can I just add that had I just found the new guide as is at the moment there is no way I would have attempted to mod my Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4