Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Even locally (game stores), they go for 20 for the unlit GBA's also. Not bad though
smile.gif

Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I call that cheap becuase in here, local stores sell the original GBA for AT LEAST 70$... Heck, the DS Lite didn't get released yet here, and the DS Phat sells for 190$... and the GBA-SP for 140$... No GBM here too... Happy now?
smile.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Like 754boy said, getting a screen might help
biggrin.gif
The bit that looks like a screen on the shell page is actually just a plastic dust and scratch cover that goes over the top of the actual LCD. If fact these prices don't surprise me at all, it's normally the screen which is the most expensive part of a portable unit. Add the screen price to the total and see
smile.gif

And I can't tell if the shell comes with the battery contacts or not (might be what the dark looking things in the bag with the buttons are).

(laguerzinho: the old style GBA doesn't have a special battery. It takes 2 standard AA batteries
biggrin.gif
)

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

And I can't tell if the shell comes with the battery contacts or not (might be what the dark looking things in the bag with the buttons are).

(laguerzinho: the old style GBA doesn't have a special battery. It takes 2 standard AA batteries
biggrin.gif
)

Oh, what an ass I´m
frown.gif

Quick fact: There´s a old GBA next to my TV...and he´s angry at me.

Psyfira always saving my ass
yaynds.gif

@M3LV1N: GBA Halo Or a GBM
nyanya.gif

aletorchic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Look into the Afterburner kit.

2 or 3 years ago I bought a 2nd hand GBA+Afterburner because Afterburner kits were sold.out everywhere...
For some times they resisted to the SP because a lot of people -including me- think the old GBA is handled better, and also the Afterburner may have a dimmer.... AFAIK Afterburner isn't on the market anymore

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i still have my old gba, but its pretty useless, you cant play when its a bit dark, with the gb micro you can see 10x better and it also has alot better colors.

and using goomba color i can even play gb and gbc games on the micro now
biggrin.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Still using mine, but I'm just a glutton for punishment (read: skint). And sitting in front of windows and directly under light bulbs
gba.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I took my original GBA out of storage and I think after the years of playing with a GBA SP, PSP and DS, it feels horribly chunky and the whole, "how did I enjoy playing with this in the first place" ran through my head. But hey, I was young and I was easily impressed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.