Mouse1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm on one of the original firmware on my switch. It is unpatched. Is it worth keeping here or should I just upgrade to latest? I'll likely hack in future, but not right now. I think as long as it unpatched firmware dosn't matter correct?

Thanks

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm on one of the original firmware on my switch. It is unpatched. Is it worth keeping here or should I just upgrade to latest? I'll likely hack in future, but not right now. I think as long as it unpatched firmware dosn't matter correct?

Thanks
IF someday an exploit for the launch games is developed then you MIGHT be able to coldboot CFW with 1.0... SciresM said almost no chance.

No reason to update though. Just use EmuNAND.

IF you update then IMHO you should go to 4.0 (or is it 4.1) for fake news. Then you can boot without autorcm or a jig..

I think you should never update SysNAND without a good reason. And you still may be limiting future options.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Thanks
There is a way to keep your original firmware and update to the latest. If you update without burning fuses, you retain a path for downgrading since fuses are the only obstacle when it comes to downgrades. Simply use the homebrew application Daybreak to update the firmware.

Reactions: BigOnYa

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a way to keep your original firmware and update to the latest. If you update without burning fuses, you retain a path for downgrading since fuses are the only obstacle when it comes to downgrades. Simply use the homebrew application Daybreak to update the firmware.
That is silly. You'd have to use autorcm to keep them fuses safe. Since you would be using alternate boot methods anyway ( i e not stock) might as well use an emunand. It's really a no-brainer. Emunand has no drawback.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2