Original DS

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Sonic195, Dec 13, 2012.

Dec 13, 2012

Original DS by Sonic195 at 12:04 AM (436 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Sonic195
    OP

Newcomer Sonic195 Newbie

United States
    Ok. So i've had this acekard for a while and it works with my DS lite and my 3DS, but for some reason it won't work with my original ds. The weird thing is that it will work in other original ds, but not this one. The original ds can play regular ds games, but it can't play the acekard.

P.S. it is an acekard 2i with DSi XL and 3DS compatibility

2. KazoWAR

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Try the paper trick. Take a piece of paper and fold it a few times and have it in the slot between the front of the ds card and the slot

3. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    That's incredibly odd - firmware-wise, there's very little to no difference between a DS Lite and a DS Classic (Lite's have a later revision of the firmware, but all in all, it's the same). Are you sure that the connectors on both devices are clean? Have you tried re-inserting the cart a few times? AFAIK there's no reason why it shouldn't be detected.

EDIT: The paper trick mentioned above may also work and improve the connection between the cart and the slot, so do try that as well. When cleaning connectors, use high-volume, clean spirit and q-tips (cotton buds) - no perfume or detergents.

4. Sonic195
    OP

Newcomer Sonic195 Newbie

United States
    I tried the paper trick and it didn't work