Original DS botom screen problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by wyldkard, Sep 22, 2009.

Sep 22, 2009
  1. wyldkard
    OP

Newcomer wyldkard Newbie

Australia
    I decided to open my DS to investigate why my mic wasn't working. I'd been inside a DS Lite before and was surprised to find that the mic was attached to the mother board. I reassembled my DS and found that the lower screen doesn't work. When powering up the DS the screen lights up, some vertical lines appear on it then dissapear and it stays that way. The screen is on as you can see the back light on but nothing appears on it. The touch screen itself still works as you can still make entries but you have no idea what you're entering as you can't see anything. I pulled the DS apart again and checked all the connections and everything seemed fine. I even disconnected all connectors and blew them out with compressed air and tried again to no avail. As mentioned before this is an original DS not a Lite

Cheers

2. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Sounds like you damaged the screen ribbon.

3. imsonic

Newcomer imsonic Member

United States
    I suggest stroking the ribben to get the wires inside strait and pushing the screen in with more force the your doing now to make shuer that it is in place.