Original Acekard?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by WioWao, Apr 20, 2009.

Apr 20, 2009

Original Acekard? by WioWao at 12:49 PM (3,238 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. WioWao
    OP

Member WioWao GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    Hi GBAtemp.net first of all this is an awesome site! Thanks!
    Im writing here because im doubting wether my Acekard 2i(says Acekard 2i on the sticker) is a real one or not.
    It didnt come in the plastic thingie as ive seen on pictures and it has no chip making the sticker "curve".
    The usb card reader isnt the same and on the box it said acekard 2. So it would be nice if you guys could determine wether this is a fake or not cause i HATE when i dont get the original.
    It also came in an old Windows/Microsoft some sorta bag. Is this a real Acekard 2i? Or some bad clone?
    Actually its the same as what this guy says http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/763565
    I havent tried my card in a DSi yet.
    http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2699/acekardfakeor.jpg
    [​IMG]
    Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Kingfield

Member Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    might just be a normal acekard 2.

try it in a DSi before you decide anything.

3. WioWao
    OP

Denmark
    Oki they put a sticker on the box saying "DSi Compatible" and it says that on the sticker too. Ahh it its a knock-off or just an ordinary acekard2... god damn [​IMG] I hate when that happens xD

4. klopfdreh

Member klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    The change of the boxes came with the new batch - don't be worry about that. Sometimes there are no usb sticks in the boxes, this may because of the reseller or the factory to save money. The same thing to the plastic between the contacts. The new brands don't even have those "fingers" between it.

5. WioWao
    OP

Denmark
    thanks! Then that is cleared but what about the bump under the sticker? Mine doesnt have one [​IMG] Wich is of course cool but not if it means its a fake/knock-off/ only acekard2 and not acekard2i

6. klopfdreh

Member klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    My one do also have no bump and it is no fake. I think it is a question of money. The facility which produces the cases for the lowest price, the cases will be bought from. If there would be any fakes, team acekard would post it on their page, like the team of m3.

But at all you don't really know, if you got a fake or not and you can't find it out easily, because the case is fixed with glue.

But there are no fakes beeing reported till now.

7. WioWao
    OP

Denmark
    Hmm the acekard 2i's are fairly new arent they? I guess theres no fake out yet [​IMG] I was just thinking that the store i ordered it from just gave me a normal Acekard 2 with the 2i sticker on haha [​IMG] Vielen dank Klopfdreh! ^^ If anyone can confirm that the new "batch" i read about does not have a bump please do so [​IMG]

8. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Don't worry, there are no fake Acekards. Not yet anyways

I bought 2 of them: one from Leetmod and one from Consolesource. The Leetmod one came in a box like the one you posted with the little blue card reader and an orange sticker. The box is also kinda glossy. The Console source one came in a similar box but it has a matte finish, not glossy, with no orange sticker and no card reader. The cards themselves are identical and both work with no problems. No difference whatsoever, not even the teeth height. As for the bump, there is one, you just can't see it clearly with the naked eye. You can feel it with you finger if you go over it though. It's approximately 1.5cm x 1.5cm square. Regardless, it still sits flush inside the DSi.

9. VistaXP

Newcomer VistaXP Member

United States
    Aren't consolesource a rip off company? They always seem to have the highest price for everything...

10. WioWao
    OP

Denmark
    Thanks Zero383. Your cards works in a DSi right? [​IMG] I can feel the bump now yea. It just looks very extreme on some of the photos O.o Seems like "my bump(lol)" is much smaller [​IMG]

Edit: I also bought my card from one of the listed resellers on Acekard. Would be strange if they recommended knock-offs. But then again it was weird [​IMG]

11. zero383

Canada
    True, they may have higher prices but they were the only place at the time that still had stock for the AK so I got one from them. They're in Canada so shipping was very fast for me. I hate having to deal with customs when ordering from the States. They once held a package for over a month because they were back logged. I've actually bought several stuff from them from the past with no problems.

Also, note that Leetmod never responded to any of my emails whereas Consolesource responded the next day.

12. WioWao
    OP

Denmark
    What is a "rip-off" company? Like they sell fake cards? O.o

13. zero383

Canada
    Yup, works fine on DSi. If you're using AKAIO, just make sure you use the latest loader. There's a new one out today - dated April 20, 2009.

14. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    So the new batch don't have a bump (good) but no plastic tabs (bad)?

Do you think DealExtreme are shipping the new batch?

15. Drewbear

Newcomer Drewbear Advanced Member

United States
    I think they are selling the Cardboard boxed ones

16. zero383

Canada
    Here are some pics of my two cards. Consolesource on the left, Leetmod on the right. Both cards are identical.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. JAWS_XS

Newcomer JAWS_XS Advanced Member

United States
    No No.... they sometimes have higher prices then other retailers. I've ordered from them many times before DX.

18. WioWao
    OP

Denmark
    Thanks! Zero383. Then i can relax again xD Now theres only one thing that bothers me. I cant get Moonshell to work [​IMG]
    Edit: Found out now. I have the wrong Clustersize [​IMG]

19. thedarkness360

Newcomer thedarkness360 Member

United States
    I just recived one exactly like that today and I have another i got a few weeks back. the new one does not have the actel chip bump like my first one, another thing is it will load up to the menue using AKAIO 1.41 but will not load my games or programs when i use the 4.16 original firm from acekard it works fine does yours run AKAIO and load up the games and programs? I got both my cards from dealwoot

20. WioWao
    OP

Denmark
    I haven't tried AKAIO yet. I tried searching for some differences between normal firmware and AKAIO and i can't really find out why it's so much better O.o . But i heard you have to download the newest "loaders" or something. Maybe that's the problem.

Ill try AKAIO now and edit my post later to tell you if it worked or not [​IMG]

Oh and my card doesnt have a bump either. It came with blue usb reader.

EDIT:
    I tested AKAIO now. If i just download this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5069 and extract to my card it starts up. But it doesnt load the games just freezes with green "Loading". BUT if i download the newest loader here http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/ (direct link to Acekard2i loader http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/200409/ak2loader.zip) It works. Just extract the loader at "__aio/loaders". So i guess all you have to do is download the newest loader for your Acekard2i here http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/200409/ak2loader.zip