Organizing Games into Groups in CFG Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tenzen, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Tenzen
    OP

Tenzen Advanced Member

Banned
    Aug 18, 2013
    Switzerland
    Anyone know how I can organize all the games into groups by Genre, Type etc..

I tried renaming the game folder, such as: War - COD; & War - Medal of Honor, etc.. but that didnt work..

Currently I'm set to Alphabetical listing..

I would like to make my own groups, and each group can hold Wii or GC games of a certain type..

maybe not a group per say, but a way to organize them by a certain designation I give them

any way to edit the internal name of a game? or something like that?

Thanks for any ideas

2. _acid_

_acid_ GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    iirc cfg loader has a pretty good sort mechanic built it. cfg should be able to sort by genres. I dont think editing the internal names is possible.

3. Tenzen
    OP

Tenzen Advanced Member

Banned
    Aug 18, 2013
    Switzerland
    Its got the following Options:

Title
    Players
    Online Players
    Publisher
    Developer
    Release
    Play Count
    Play Date
    Install

I wonder how "install" works.. any idea if its only applicable to Games Installed through CFG? or do you suppose it can read the Date & Time it was loaded onto the Drive through Wii Back Up Manager?

4. Tenzen
    OP

Tenzen Advanced Member

Banned
    Aug 18, 2013
    Switzerland
    The GameCube ISO Tool, GCIT.exe can open up and read individual parts of the game file.. I wonder if you can find & edit the name in there...

i also wonder if it doesnt work for WBFS, or if there is a similar tool specific to wbfs that might be able to read & edit individual files in the game

then i also wonder if changing the name wouldnt somehow break some part of it

5. Tenzen
    OP

Tenzen Advanced Member

Banned
    Aug 18, 2013
    Switzerland
    it'd be cool if CFG could just let you add a Genre / Group / Tag to each game & then let you sort them that way.

6. Tenzen
    OP

Tenzen Advanced Member

Banned
    Aug 18, 2013
    Switzerland
    So, Apparently, you can change the title cfg uses by adding an entry to "custom-titles.txt"

I've never seen that file.. do you just create it? and if so, how does it work?

can you just put something like: SRG24 = My Custom Name ?

and can you just put a few names in it? or do u need every game title in it?

and is it possible to actually sort using that custom name? or will it still be sorted by the games internal name, and only display a different name?

and also.. I guess if you upgrade CFG to "the current version", that it has 72 different filters by genre.. and that you can use which may be a better solution.

Is that: cfg70MODr65.dol?

I dont see any such filters in Configurator v69.. must they be set within the CFG game menu from the wii?

Thanks