Ordered a Gateway 3DS from 3DS-flashcart.com - Shipping?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Neo Draven, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Neo Draven
    OP

Neo Draven End Boss of the Entire Internet

May 3, 2010
    United States
    I placed an order last week, and finally got a tracking number that does f*ckall.

Has anyone else placed an order with this site here? I couldn't resist the discount of ten bucks, but now I am kicking myself for not dropping the extra coin to have it shipped from somewhere in the US.

Like most DHL shipments, I am expecting it to take four weeks, minimum.

2. Skyrider

Skyrider GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    DHL orders actually should take about 3 to 6 days seeing the gateway I ordered arrived at my doorstep within 5 days (weekend excluded).

3. kirillov

kirillov Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    Ordered Dec 7th in 3ds-flashcart, still waiting...

4. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Yeah, I regret it as well. I ordered my Gateway from them on Christmas, received a tracking number just yesterday. It said in the e-mail that most people receive their package in 21-31 days. Not worth saving $6 to $8 I don't feel.

OTOH the only reason I bought from them is that I got my iEDGE from the same place back when I had a DS, and that got to me in less than a week with the same registered airmail shipping. Your tracking number will work ~3 days after you get it, and not before.

Unfortunately it seems impossible to cancel your order once it has been placed, as their support team won't respond to you for several days, if at all. And by then it will have been shipped.

5. Neo Draven
    OP

May 3, 2010
    United States
    No doubt. I would have dropped another twenty bucks if I could have gotten it this week, instead of waiting another month.

If I get it before February, I will be pretty much satisfied, at this rate. I tried the tracking number on the DHL site, and still, nothing.

6. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I think this is the site it tells you to use, although the DHL site does seem to give SOMETHING in relation to my package as well:

http://www.17track.net/IndexEn.html

Right now all I get out of that is the origin.

7. Neo Draven
    OP

May 3, 2010
    United States
    Same here; just tells me that it is originating from Hong Kong. Same exact link they sent me in the email. I definitely appreciate your help, though.

8. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    I noticed that sometimes the sites will issue tracking numbers before the package has been processed by the shipper. I ordered mine from realhotstuff and they gave me a tracking number soon after. I checked a day or two later and it gave me an error. I even sent in a help request about it to make sure there wasn't a problem but later that day, the tracking number finally showed info. Not sure why it worked that way but it did.

9. zb123

zb123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2013
    Canada

I ordered my Gateway from this site, it took about 1.5 months for the Gateway to arrive. Don't bother with the tracking, mine didn't even register as in Canada the day that it arrived.

10. Slovobot

Slovobot Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of

Hi.
    Looks like we are in the same boat:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-flashcard-com-positive-experience.354714/page-2#post-4880335

11. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2010
    Belgium
    Seems to pricely.. I couldn't resist also a discount while back in august.
    Then I got it for €54 with shipping. It did take ofcourse like 3 weeks but it was worth.

12. crazyace2011

crazyace2011 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2011
    United States
    I ordered from them too. my total was 19.80 and they charged my card 22.79

13. Neo Draven
    OP

May 3, 2010
    United States
    Eighteen days later, the status is still stuck on 'Origin Post is Preparing Shipment'. I know from previous experience that sometimes, the status updates, sometimes, it doesn't. Still frustrating to have no clue when I might expect my flash cart to arrive.

crazyace2011 likes this.
  14. escherbach

escherbach GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2013
    It depends whether customs keeps it back or not. They have no control over that. I ordered a standard R4i card from digimartz.com two weeks ago - free shipping and it arrived after one week (Hong Kong to UK) - previously I've had to wait 3-5 weeks for orders with free shipping from HK. OTOH, I once paid ~£16 for DHL shipping (to the UK) and had delivery 3 days later

15. Neo Draven
    OP

May 3, 2010
    United States
    According to the updates on the tracking site, it SHOULD be out for delivery as we speak. I really hope I receive it today.

16. BMinkie

BMinkie GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2013
    United States