ROM Hack ORAS Save File Question

Scoreless Pine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to take an Alpha Sapphire save file and use it for Omega Ruby or vice versa? If so, how can this be accomplished?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it's not possible. They are not the exact same save file. Each game has many differences depending on when you save your game. Like if you're about to battle team Aqua, not gonna happen in omega Ruby.

Scoreless Pine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to import my completed Omega Ruby save into Alpha Sapphire and it did not work, it gave me an error saying "The current save file could not be used with this game" or something similar. I'm confused as to why because I have seen others report that they have imported different game save files into their own game and it had worked fine. I saw some people say that they imported the Twitch Plays Pokemon Alpha Sapphire save into their Omega Ruby game and they had no issues.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to import my completed Omega Ruby save into Alpha Sapphire and it did not work, it gave me an error saying "The current save file could not be used with this game" or something similar. I'm confused as to why because I have seen others report that they have imported different game save files into their own game and it had worked fine. I saw some people say that they imported the Twitch Plays Pokemon Alpha Sapphire save into their Omega Ruby game and they had no issues.
Maybe if the games complete with no story line left to finish you possibly could. But I wouldn't believe those people without them showing proof. You also have to delete the secure value that's generated with every new save you attemp to use after importing on any game or else you get that error.

Scoreless Pine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if the games complete with no story line left to finish you possibly could. But I wouldn't believe those people without them showing proof. You also have to delete the secure value that's generated with every new save you attemp to use after importing on any game or else you get that error.
Oh that might have been the problem, how do I do that?

Scoreless Pine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that might have been the problem, how do I do that?
So using SVDT and the anti-anti-savegame restore feature that it has (secure value restoring), it does actually work. Is there a way to make it not freeze while reloading the homebrew launcher though? I have entered the app 5 times so far and it has only successfully gone back to the homebrew menu once.

Last edited by Scoreless Pine,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
of course it's possible

This is what happen when you import your save from AS to RO while you are in the room where Groudon/Kyogre is.
Leave the room and enter again for see the room with Groudon.

It show this is possible.
Just swap decrypted save files in your save folder, or use PKHeX to switch from AS to OR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol