OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

My dslite won't power on anymore.
When i plug in the charger, the orange led goes on and then off.

Battery has 3V
F1 and F2 are OK.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
blink.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
If you're sure the battery is OK (have you tried another battery) and the F1 and F2 are OK, then I have read that

1) If the Battery in not fitted correctly (or the battery connectors/wires are damaged) - then when trying to use charger to charge up, the orange light flash on/off
> Since you've already opened the DSlite (to check the fuses) - check that the cable to battery connector are not damaged or broken off

2) There has been reports that if the charger is faulty - that can cause the same effect.
> Have you another charger to try it with - or perhaps a USB charging cable

clioke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Charger is ok.
Also tested the dsl with another good charger.

Battery also good. Tested with another 100% good example.
wacko.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
So if Charger is Ok and so is the battery then everything points towards something wrong with the DSLite.

> As mentioned previously - check the cables to battery connector inside the DSLite (check the wires on the board as well) to make sure they're not damaged/squashed or broken off

> I know you said they were OK but recheck the fuses, if possible try to tape a VERY small strip of tinfoil across one of them & see if you can power on - if not then try the other fuse.
It may be possible that your tester wasn't reading the fuse continuity but actually reading resistance through the circuit board

> Test the On/Off switch - make sure that is actually working OK - it could be the switch has broken the contact internally preventing the DS from switching on

There's a guide to fixing the fuses here so you can check to see if you were testing the correct fuses

And I found another possibility in another thread
QUOTE said:
When you take apart the unit to repair the top screen you'll notice some ribbon cables. The wide ribbon cables go into the clip only one way so there's no problem with them. There is a really small ribbon cable hidden under the wide one. When you put it back together, you have to push the cable in over top of the clip as opposed to underneath which you would normally think of doing. There is a small groove on top of the clip that the cable fits into perfectly. If you put it in underneath, you won't make a connection and the unit will immediately turn off after you turn it on.
So I could suggest you check that ribbon cable out - just in case that's come loose

Countbisquit

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
countbisqu.it
XP
Country
Well i had the same problem when i dropped my DSL down the stairs and broke off part of the hinge, exposing the ribbon cables, so that might be the problem, but i'd just say if you can afford it, just save the fuss and buy a new ds.

Countbisquit via DSi Web Browser

clioke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's not the ribbon cable.
That shows other symptoms. Then you wil see an green led or a white flash on the lcd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)