Orange led on/off

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by clioke, Feb 2, 2010.

Feb 2, 2010

Orange led on/off by clioke at 7:45 PM (1,062 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. clioke
    OP

Newcomer clioke Advanced Member

Belgium
    Hi,

My dslite won't power on anymore.
    When i plug in the charger, the orange led goes on and then off.

Battery has 3V
    F1 and F2 are OK.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks, [​IMG]

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    If you're sure the battery is OK (have you tried another battery) and the F1 and F2 are OK, then I have read that

1) If the Battery in not fitted correctly (or the battery connectors/wires are damaged) - then when trying to use charger to charge up, the orange light flash on/off
    > Since you've already opened the DSlite (to check the fuses) - check that the cable to battery connector are not damaged or broken off

2) There has been reports that if the charger is faulty - that can cause the same effect.
    > Have you another charger to try it with - or perhaps a USB charging cable

3. clioke
    OP

Belgium
    Charger is ok.
    Also tested the dsl with another good charger.

Battery also good. Tested with another 100% good example. [​IMG]

4. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    So if Charger is Ok and so is the battery then everything points towards something wrong with the DSLite.

> As mentioned previously - check the cables to battery connector inside the DSLite (check the wires on the board as well) to make sure they're not damaged/squashed or broken off

> I know you said they were OK but recheck the fuses, if possible try to tape a VERY small strip of tinfoil across one of them & see if you can power on - if not then try the other fuse.
    It may be possible that your tester wasn't reading the fuse continuity but actually reading resistance through the circuit board

> Test the On/Off switch - make sure that is actually working OK - it could be the switch has broken the contact internally preventing the DS from switching on

There's a guide to fixing the fuses here so you can check to see if you were testing the correct fuses

And I found another possibility in another thread
    So I could suggest you check that ribbon cable out - just in case that's come loose

5. Countbisquit

Newcomer Countbisquit Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Well i had the same problem when i dropped my DSL down the stairs and broke off part of the hinge, exposing the ribbon cables, so that might be the problem, but i'd just say if you can afford it, just save the fuss and buy a new ds.

Countbisquit via DSi Web Browser

6. clioke
    OP

Belgium
    It's not the ribbon cable.
    That shows other symptoms. Then you wil see an green led or a white flash on the lcd.