[OR/AS] Pokemon- How to modify files?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by pepsikill2011, Jul 15, 2016.

1. pepsikill2011
    OP

pepsikill2011 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2015
    France
    Hey

I was about to delete some file of my computer when i saw some old hackrom and said to myself "Hey, why not create your own? "

So i download the stuff but i have a main probleme

I work with a already hack rom (Pokemon rising and sinking) but there are in .cia and i have absolutely no idea of what to do, i have Exefs and "a" file but i don't know how repack them into the cia or unpack a .cia :/

2. victorheld

victorheld Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2016
    Netherlands
  3. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    Decryting / Extracting / Rebuilding guides: Asia81's guide on how to decrypt extract and rebuild a cia // ihaveamac's 3DS-Tools guid (recommended because more up2date)

pk3ds - your main tool for all kinds of features: Github Link (recommended to build from source for features) // ProjectPokemon link

Ohana 3DS - Texture / model editor / viewer

Ohana Rebirth: GBATemp Link / Github Link (recommended to build from source for features)

GARCTool from Kaphotics Pokemon Tools to extract GARCs: Github link (recommended to build from source for features) // ProjectPokemon link

X/Y romfs 'a' folder content reference paste

ORAS romfs 'a' folder contet reference paste

Other than that I recommend having

- Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 -> for building source code of aforementioned tools
    - Decrypt9WIP or Hourglass9 by d0k3 for decrypting the game and generating xorpads
    - 3DSBuilder -> to rebuild roms as .3ds (included in Asia81's guide)
    - ctrtool / makerom / bannertool / 3dstools -> also for rebuilding/extracting etc. Included in ihaveamac's tutorial
    - Adobe Photoshop for texture editing
    - no over ambition. Model editing especially is not something you learn in 5 minutes and a lot of hours go into creating a romhack. Have dedication, but don't put too much on your plate.

victorheld likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice