Gaming Optimizing websites for viewing on 3DS browser...

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I work for a website design and tech support LLC, and I'm looking into optimizing some web pages for view on the 3DS browser, and I'm wondering a few things.

1) Is there anything in HTML or PHP that would allow a page to detect the device being used and load the appropriately formatted page?

2) Is there any kind of software that will convert images to MPO for the 3D picture viewing feature?

3) What would be the recommended width for optimal viewing on the 3DS without needing to zoom?

If I can figure this stuff out, I might be able to do some really nice work. Thanks for any info!

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I work for a website design and tech support LLC, and I'm looking into optimizing some web pages for view on the 3DS browser, and I'm wondering a few things.

1) Is there anything in HTML or PHP that would allow a page to detect the device being used and load the appropriately formatted page?

2) Is there any kind of software that will convert images to MPO for the 3D picture viewing feature?

3) What would be the recommended width for optimal viewing on the 3DS without needing to zoom?

If I can figure this stuff out, I might be able to do some really nice work. Thanks for any info!

1. Yes, in PHP

($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])

this one dumps the browser's id required by server. You can have a function with several browser names pieces into an array, and compare them against ($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']) to validate loading content on a certain browser you want.

2. I don't know, but you should check Klite's codec pack source code to do it. I know for sure PHP can do a little assembly if you know how, and I suspect you'd need to in order to not simply get the file contents and save, but read offsets, and convert tiles etc.

3. Since 3DS screen res is small, even if it allows better res, just stick with larger fonts and simple CSS (which I hate, because I prefer spending more time on coding than just design)..

Unsure if javascript has these functions, but I prefer a server doing all the hard work, as it'll always work if used properly no matter the browser the user is using. (namely, Opera in DSi... sigh)

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat. That gives me something to work with. I also found out that optimal width for a moblie site on 3DS is 468px. If anybody has any tips/tricks I may want to consider, feel free to post!

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Check out http://surii.net/hack.
It's a couple of tests and examples made by ryantbb right when the 3DS browser was just released. It might help you figure out things like the best width/height, and how to trap the 3DS browser in a certain screen mode.

About software to create .MPO images from other 3D picture formats. I know about this tool called Stereo Photo Maker.
It is of course not a script that can be run right from a server, but I don't think you would need to do that. This program has worked pefectly for me thus far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh