Hacking Opinion for you guys.

Rosetta06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, we have a Wii with 3.3U I believe and it has the twilight hack and Neogamma newest but what should I do stepwise to update, I pretty much know what I'm doing just asking for personal opinions to get Resort and all that crap working.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does it have a cIOS isntalled? If so update that to whatever you want it to be at (preferably either rev10, rev13a, or rev14) Then run dop-IOS v7 and have it install the most recent IOS60 with the sig hash check (Trucha bug), then run Waninkoko's 4.1 updater. (You need to have some IOS60 installed before using the updater otherwise it will just give you an error.)

Then you need to do the alternate dol stuff for the first time loading Wii Sports Resort unless it's a retail disc and you can run it through the disc channel fine. (See the sticky on it in the backup loader forum if you're not sure of how to do the alt dol stuff.)

And the newest Neogamma is R7 at the moment.

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I would update to 4.1 using one of the several guides posted here.
In 4.1 the sports resort bug with the wii motion tutorial video is fixed.
Then almost any loader (in its latest rev) will work.

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You already have a cIOS since you are running backups. Just update using the wii in the settings menu. Then use DOP-IOS to patch IOS60 to be able to load wiiware/vc from the SD menu.

I have done this several times, and it is the easiest way. With the latest tools (TBR and DOP-IOS), there is no risk in updating via the system menu to 4.1.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run resort through the current GeckoOS once and it'll update your IOSes without updating your sysmenu.

Flawless Resort playing on my wii 3.2U for the past couple weeks

EDIT: Original disc/disc channel and Usbloader gx works perfect either way, you only use geckoOS that once. (I just woke up forgive the non-linear description)

Rosetta06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I update to 4.1 then TBR?

I already have the alternate dol that's all good, just wanna get this thing updated to 4.1

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a look at the guide in my sig.

If you haven't updated since the twilight hack days.. you'd do better starting over completely. This way it ensures you have all the latest and greatest of everything.

Since you're going to be doing all of this.. a Nintendo update would be easiest. Saves you thr trouble of having to update SM and then find IOS60 to install. Nintendo will do all of this for you. Then you'll have to redo TBR, reinstall PreLoader (you should also install BootMii). Then you can grab cIOS 14 and a decent backup loader. Have a look at the guide and it'll walk you through. =)

Rosetta06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather not do preloader though, bootmii seems to be the best option. Well as long as it can be a boot2. But I will give that a long read, thanks so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-